The Thread About NOTHING

Old 10-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hellllooooowwwww is their nothing out there?
Good Morning.. It's NOTHING but hard getting out of bed this time of year. Today our official sunrise was 7:30. And it will only get later until we set the clocks back.

Off to work I go. Have a great day everyone. Try to keep the ball talk to a minimum.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,290 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Good Morning.. It's NOTHING but hard getting out of bed this time of year. Today our official sunrise was 7:30. And it will only get later until we set the clocks back.

Off to work I go. Have a great day everyone. Try to keep the ball talk to a minimum.. lol
I found another golf ball. This one this morning. Also in better shape than the usual ones I find which look like a gator spit them out.

There seemed to be a lot of people looking at NOTHING last night or one very obsessive-compulsive person pounding her key boards towards NOTHING repeatedly.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:44 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Hellllooooowwwww is their nothing out there?
NOTHING but Operation Christmas Child today.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
That's a beautiful thing. NOTHING but good Karma coming your way. Good Job.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
I will have to Google that as I have not heard anything about that. NOTHING is my first wind of this.

Resources & Ideas Hub
Old 10-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I will have to Google that as I have not heard anything about that. NOTHING is my first wind of this.

Resources & Ideas Hub
A lot of people might see stuff on the NOTHING thread.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
A lot of people might see stuff on the NOTHING thread.
We packed up 5000 boxes of small toys and school supplies for boys in countries who would otherwise get NOTHING. The second shift this afternoon will pack up boxes for the girls. It is sad that there is so much need. I wish I could feed all the children and rescue all the animals but we all just need to do what we can. Tal I know you give generously with your platelets.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
We packed up 5000 boxes of small toys and school supplies for boys in countries who would otherwise get NOTHING. The second shift this afternoon will pack up boxes for the girls. It is sad that there is so much need. I wish I could feed all the children and rescue all the animals but we all just need to do what we can. Tal I know you give generously with your platelets.
I get the platelets back within a week or so. And the people at One Blood are quite friendly. Good to see you are doing good work and writing about it on the NOTHING thread.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
That is NOTHING but a huge number of boxes. It is indeed sad that there is so much need. NOTHING but happy that you're willing and able to help.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:29 PM
fw102807

Quote:
That is NOTHING but a huge number of boxes. It is indeed sad that there is so much need. NOTHING but happy that you're willing and able to help.
I read an article on Stephen Hawking this morning and while I do not agree with all that he says I thought this resonated NOTHING but true.

His greatest concern, his daughter said, "is how divided we've become," adding: "He makes this comment about how we seem to have lost the ability to look outward, and we are increasingly looking inward to ourselves."
Old 10-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
I read an article on Stephen Hawking this morning and while I do not agree with all that he says I thought this resonated NOTHING but true.

His greatest concern, his daughter said, "is how divided we've become," adding: "He makes this comment about how we seem to have lost the ability to look outward, and we are increasingly looking inward to ourselves."
Stephen Hawking says NOTHING anymore.

But I agree. By and large we have become a Me, Me, Me society. And without getting too philosophical or political, I think a lot of it has to do with people feeling entitled.

In the "olden" days people had pride. They had a hard time asking for help even when they really needed it. So when people gave they knew it was for a legitimate need and the people on the receiving end were grateful.

In today's society there are quite a few people that feel that they should be given everything even if they don't want to work for it. I think that makes the "givers" a little more hesitant to give. Is the need real? Is this person just milking the system? Are they just lazy? These are the people that ruin it for the people who are truly in need.

<Stepping down off my soapbox>

Old 10-17-2018, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I already suspected the Heart that many people we hang with are made of Platinum. Not everybody is NOTHING but dark hearted. I hope A is doing ok. If you’re taking a Peekaboo I can speak for the other NOTHINGHEADS, we miss you.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:59 PM
fw102807

Quote:
I already suspected the Heart that many people we hang with are made of Platinum. Not everybody is NOTHING but dark hearted. I hope A is doing ok. If you’re taking a Peekaboo I can speak for the other NOTHINGHEADS, we miss you.
Yes you can definitely speak for this NOTHING.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:07 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Stephen Hawking says NOTHING anymore.

But I agree. By and large we have become a Me, Me, Me society. And without getting too philosophical or political, I think a lot of it has to do with people feeling entitled.

In the "olden" days people had pride. They had a hard time asking for help even when they really needed it. So when people gave they knew it was for a legitimate need and the people on the receiving end were grateful.

In today's society there are quite a few people that feel that they should be given everything even if they don't want to work for it. I think that makes the "givers" a little more hesitant to give. Is the need real? Is this person just milking the system? Are they just lazy? These are the people that ruin it for the people who are truly in need.

<Stepping down off my soapbox>
Not for NOTHING though it is not just the younger folk. There are givers and takers of all ages.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not for NOTHING though it is not just the younger folk. There are givers and takers of all ages.
I mentioned NOTHING about age..

Now where's that Abby woman?

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.