The Thread About NOTHING

Old 10-23-2018, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
It's funny how people always expect everything online to just work. I worked in a web development company and customers used to put in support tickets because they felt things were slow. The problem is it could be their network, their computer, their ISP or our network our servers or our ISP. It was NOTHING but a nightmare.
Yeah, I think it may be something with my computer where the email is concerned. I'll have to look into it later when I have more time. At least no one can say NOTHING isn't important to me if I place it at a higher level of importance than my email.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:59 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Yeah, I think it may be something with my computer where the email is concerned. I'll have to look into it later when I have more time. At least no one can say NOTHING isn't important to me if I place it at a higher level of importance than my email.
Well I know that K will be happy since he says he values NOTHING more than anything...
Old 10-23-2018, 07:08 AM
Sage

I almost forgot that before I take off this morning I wanted to try to play nice with K......

So about your visit to TV next fall, I couldn't be happier even if I end up paying the consequences for that decision. It's so exciting to have friends, family, and NOTHINGS visit TV for the first time. I love to see/hear their reaction. It is usually one of awe even if you've given them as much info as you can including videos of the place. You have to see it to not only believe it but to get the real feel for what it is like and all that it encompasses. I'm truly excited for you guys and to think someday we may all call The Villages our new hometown is NOTHING but awesome.

Okay, I've paid my dues. No guarantees that the rest of the day I'll be this nice.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well I know that K will be happy since he says he values NOTHING more than anything...
Well then, between that post and the one I just posted, he should be NOTHING but ecstatic today. I hope I don't excite him too much......lol
Old 10-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
It's funny how people always expect everything online to just work. I worked in a web development company and customers used to put in support tickets because they felt things were slow. The problem is it could be their network, their computer, their ISP or our network our servers or our ISP. It was NOTHING but a nightmare.
Mrs. FW it is because we, the user's just don't understand. I NOTHING but took an H.S. computer course about 10 years ago. The course was this is the power cord this is the keyboard. Not quite what I was looking for but it did work up to the point where it showed us how to put ink in the printer. OOOOH!

I want to go thru the clubs/classes that The Villages offer for Apple but always come up with an excuse. I spent as much time as possible yesterday trying to fix the view of this site. No dice. I asked for help and remembered that sometimes it takes them about a week which is fine, I understand. It is rough when you are having a computer problem and you are just basically poking and hoping to catch a break and fix your problem. I'm relentless but this time I'm about to give up.

I even tried to sign in under my wife's account to see if the view was what I am accustomed to but no luck.

I couldn't do your job because working with the public like you had to probably wouldn't be good for me long term. I had to figure out weird configurations for concrete usage but under way different circumstances than you. It was a person or two a week, not every call. I worked in the Wild Wild West, anything goes. Your working conditions were probably refined.

Sorry for rambling but I'm beside NOTHING but my own bad self. today will be a way better day for sure.

Daylight today showed more damage to the car. It's O.K. we're good. Have to call and report it. Not looking forward to that. I found no Fur or a Hoof so we can rule one popular species out!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:46 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Well then, between that post and the one I just posted, he should be NOTHING but ecstatic today. I hope I don't excite him too much......lol
I could say something but I won't. Maybe some other NOTHING will feel more adventurous or maybe we will all be good today.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:59 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Mrs. FW it is because we, the user's just don't understand. I NOTHING but took an H.S. computer course about 10 years ago. The course was this is the power cord this is the keyboard. Not quite what I was looking for but it did work up to the point where it showed us how to put ink in the printer. OOOOH!

I want to go thru the clubs/classes that The Villages offer for Apple but always come up with an excuse. I spent as much time as possible yesterday trying to fix the view of this site. No dice. I asked for help and remembered that sometimes it takes them about a week which is fine, I understand. It is rough when you are having a computer problem and you are just basically poking and hoping to catch a break and fix your problem. I'm relentless but this time I'm about to give up.

I even tried to sign in under my wife's account to see if the view was what I am accustomed to but no luck.

I couldn't do your job because working with the public like you had to probably wouldn't be good for me long term. I had to figure out weird configurations for concrete usage but under way different circumstances than you. It was a person or two a week, not every call. I worked in the Wild Wild West, anything goes. Your working conditions were probably refined.

Sorry for rambling but I'm beside NOTHING but my own bad self. today will be a way better day for sure.

Daylight today showed more damage to the car. It's O.K. we're good. Have to call and report it. Not looking forward to that. I found no Fur or a Hoof so we can rule one popular species out!
I knew as soon as I saw it that it was something they had done I was just surprised that no one else was commenting on it. We would do the same thing pushing out a new version of the app without properly testing it. Some of the changes would fix one thing which is what they would test for but break two others.

Sounds like your varmint was NOTHING but a big two legged one.

"Your working conditions were probably refined." If you call endless useless meetings and conference calls refined...then yeah. If you read the comic strip Dilbert that was my world.

Last edited by fw102807; 10-23-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Finally NOTHING has assumed its proper place on your priority list.

Quote:
If you don't have NOTHING you don't have NOTHING.

Quote:
I almost forgot that before I take off this morning I wanted to try to play nice with K......

So about your visit to TV next fall, I couldn't be happier even if I end up paying the consequences for that decision. It's so exciting to have friends, family, and NOTHINGS visit TV for the first time. I love to see/hear their reaction. It is usually one of awe even if you've given them as much info as you can including videos of the place. You have to see it to not only believe it but to get the real feel for what it is like and all that it encompasses. I'm truly excited for you guys and to think someday we may all call The Villages our new hometown is NOTHING but awesome.

Okay, I've paid my dues. No guarantees that the rest of the day I'll be this nice.
It's always nice to be played nice with.. lol

Quote:
Do I seem like the excitable type? lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-23-2018, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Oh, and good morning everyone.

Nucky, if I was there we would go on a Karma hunt to track down those less than NOTHINGS that whacked your car.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Oh, and good morning everyone.

Nucky, if I was there we would go on a Karma hunt to track down those less than NOTHINGS that whacked your car.
Well that's NOTHING but a little excitable........ can I come along? Lol
Old 10-23-2018, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Well that's NOTHING but a little excitable........ can I come along? Lol
It appears someone hit the car some way and then tried to NOTHING but pry the driver's side open. Must have been some really good Sh1t they were on. It is a Hyundai, not a Benzarooney! I'll just fix it and go onward it wouldn't be good to lose it cause I would miss Mrs. Nucky, the Grandkids, You Guys & My Golf Cart. The thought was there for a second but I went through the pros & cons and decided the best revenge is to let 'em live. I swear you guys may find this to be nuts but I actually prayed for the Clown. It calmed me down.

So far I seem to have a good Insurance Company. Very competent taking the info. It is Travelers. I changed from one who is on TV all the time. Had them for a year. I love good insurance its just I'm a rookie at using it.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
It appears someone hit the car some way and then tried to NOTHING but pry the driver's side open. Must have been some really good Sh1t they were on. It is a Hyundai, not a Benzarooney! I'll just fix it and go onward it wouldn't be good to lose it cause I would miss Mrs. Nucky, the Grandkids, You Guys & My Golf Cart. The thought was there for a second but I went through the pros & cons and decided the best revenge is to let 'em live. I swear you guys may find this to be nuts but I actually prayed for the Clown. It calmed me down.

So far I seem to have a good Insurance Company. Very competent taking the info. It is Travelers. I changed from one who is on TV all the time. Had them for a year. I love good insurance its just I'm a rookie at using it.
Nucky, I'm so proud of you. I don't find it nuts at all but of course you probably expected that. True prayer from your heart can have a calming effect as you experienced - good for you! Praying for you now that the process doesn't get to you and all goes smoothly.

Although I have to admit that my wilder side thought that going on a hunt with you and the K-man might be NOTHING but fun. I'm sure I would have been helpful.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Sage

Here we are, but we'd be the NOTHING squad -

mod-squad-jpg
Old 10-23-2018, 12:52 PM
fw102807

Quote:

Unbelievable where the heck were you? Sounds like something that would happen in the Bronxs like in the Chevy Chase Vacation Movie. So sad that it had to be your brand new car. They were most certainly NOTHING but pond scum and hopefully Karma will pay them a visit.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Unbelievable where the heck were you? Sounds like something that would happen in the Bronxs like in the Chevy Chase Vacation Movie. So sad that it had to be your brand new car. They were most certainly NOTHING but pond scum and hopefully Karma will pay them a visit.
Does this mean you'll agree to head up the tech team as part of the NOTHING Squad?

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.