The Thread About NOTHING

Old 02-18-2018, 12:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Thanks, K. Just trying to keep cool here. It's probably NOTHING more than a kidney stone, although hubby tells me the pain is definitely not NOTHING. Poor guy.....I'm still waiting to hear for sure what is going on. Thanks for prayers. Needed to "talk" to someone and saw you and W were still online.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,397 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Thanks, K. Just trying to keep cool here. It's probably NOTHING more than a kidney stone, although hubby tells me the pain is definitely not NOTHING. Poor guy.....I'm still waiting to hear for sure what is going on. Thanks for prayers. Needed to "talk" to someone and saw you and W were still online.
Ouch.. Kidney stone pain is about 12 levels above NOTHING.. Hopefully that's all it is.. I know it's no fun but at least it's treatable.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-18-2018, 01:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Ouch.. Kidney stone pain is about 12 levels above NOTHING.. Hopefully that's all it is.. I know it's no fun but at least it's treatable.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking, and praying for it to be NOTHING more. Again, thanks for prayers and concern.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, that's what I'm thinking, and praying for it to be NOTHING more. Again, thanks for prayers and concern.
That's what NOTHING is all about. Sharing concern about other NOTHING'S NOTHING..

Old 02-18-2018, 02:11 AM
Sage

NOTHING but a kidney stone......what a relief.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING but a kidney stone......what a relief.
NOTHING but great news. Are they going to send him home or keep him for the night?

Old 02-18-2018, 02:51 AM
Sage

We'll probably be on our way home shortly. He's NOTHING but zonked out and sleeping like a baby right now from the pain meds.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
We'll probably be on our way home shortly. He's NOTHING but zonked out and sleeping like a baby right now from the pain meds.
Glad they took care of the pain for now.. I'm off to NOTHING NOTHING Land myself..

Be careful driving home. I'm sure it's been NOTHING but a long day for you..

Old 02-18-2018, 08:26 AM
Sage

Looks like our Kommander was on watch last night doing what any NOTHING would do for another NOTHING. Good work K and NOTHING but chicken soup for Abby’s lesser half.

“ODE TO A KIDNEY STONE"

“ I think next week I'll celebrate,
because on you they'll operate,
before the 'parting of the ways',
I have some final words to say...

You lay there cold and insincere,
between my navel and my rear,
an ugly stone--a worthless gem
just nesting in my abdomen.

I've carried you these many years,
you've shared my joys and secret fears,
I've nurtured you since you were born
inside my kidney, safe and warm.

I've cursed at you, my enlarged friend
and wished that your existence end,
I've guzzled beer that gave me gas
but still, you just refused to pass!

But soon, quite soon, we'll bid farewell,
here's hoping that there's room in Hell,
and once you've gone I'll be relieved,
a Kodak moment--yes, indeed!!

Goodbye, adieu and adios,
to your demise I'll drink a toast.”
Old 02-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Sage

LOL. And that's why there is NOTHING better than 2 different brothers. The support each one gives in their own way is invaluable. Thanks to both of you. Must share this with hubby if I can keep him awake long enough. He doesn't take too kindly to pain killers but this is definitely a time when one needs them!
Old 02-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Sage

Woke up to 6+ inches of snow. Mrs. Howell is NOTHING but mad. She went to work today and about a quarter of the hospital called in sick. It's NOTHING but amazing that a little snow can cripple this state.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Woke up to 6+ inches of snow. Mrs. Howell is NOTHING but mad. She went to work today and about a quarter of the hospital called in sick. It's NOTHING but amazing that a little snow can cripple this state.
Oh wow! Poor thing.....I know how that feels. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be NOTHING but dedicated. Yet, some of us are just made that way and it's difficult to change.

I remember a snowstorm here on a Saturday several years ago, I was scheduled to open up that day so I persevered through the storm to get there and saw the parking lot was not even plowed. So I called my boss to see where I could park and what he wanted me to do about the lot for customer parking. He said, "What are you doing there?" Apparently he just assumed I would know he wasn't planning to open that day.........

But I remember from my hospital days, it was always the luck of the draw who would show. Your wife sounds like NOTHING but a good woman and a dedicated nurse.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh wow! Poor thing.....I know how that feels. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be NOTHING but dedicated. Yet, some of us are just made that way and it's difficult to change.

I remember a snowstorm here on a Saturday several years ago, I was scheduled to open up that day so I persevered through the storm to get there and saw the parking lot was not even plowed. So I called my boss to see where I could park and what he wanted me to do about the lot for customer parking. He said, "What are you doing there?" Apparently he just assumed I would know he wasn't planning to open that day.........

But I remember from my hospital days, it was always the luck of the draw who would show. Your wife sounds like NOTHING but a good woman and a dedicated nurse.
Yeah, I don't know how she does it. After 35+ years as a nurse she still likes it most days.

She says they're so short handed that the hospital has arranged for the Sheriff and hospital security to pick up anyone willing to come in. NOTHING but a state of emergency.. lol

Is Hubby conscious yet? How's he feeling?

Old 02-18-2018, 12:54 PM
Sage

He is still NOTHING but zonked out. Wakes up for a few, let's me know he's alive, and then out he goes again. When he first woke up, I made him a special breakfast, but he fell asleep again before it was even ready.

He has dealt with severe back pain most of his life and never took any pain meds, not even Tylenol. (I call him the anti-drug pharmacist - not really good for business - lol) He will do anything not to have to take medicine so when he really needs it, it doesn't take much. Needless to say, it will be NOTHING but a quiet day around here.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
He is still NOTHING but zonked out. Wakes up for a few, let's me know he's alive, and then out he goes again. When he first woke up, I made him a special breakfast, but he fell asleep again before it was even ready.

He has dealt with severe back pain most of his life and never took any pain meds, not even Tylenol. (I call him the anti-drug pharmacist - not really good for business - lol) He will do anything not to have to take medicine so when he really needs it, it doesn't take much. Needless to say, it will be NOTHING but a quiet day around here.
I swear, medical people are NOTHING but the worst when it comes to taking meds.

At least he's getting some good rest..

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.