The Villages Phobia??

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2020, 09:00 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Do any of you suffer from this, even a little bit? I do just a little. But I've learned to manage it to a comfortable level. What is it?

When I first moved here and started making some friends, we often talked about how much there is to do in TV. And of course how we only did a relatively small number of things compared to how much is available. Why weren't we doing more! Well, I and one of my very best friends in TV (God rest his wonderful, funny soul) gave that worrisome nagging feeling a name...The Villages Phobia.

So if there are more of you out there, maybe we should start a club. Wouldn't that be perfect?!? We could call it the "We Should Do More" club. Or possibly just "The Village Idiots?!?

Come on. Fess up.
I definitely feel there is much more to do, but I already have a full plate (normally). Please don't call yourselves "The Village Idiots" - there are specific people living in TV that have already EARNED that title!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Do any of you suffer from this, even a little bit? I do just a little. But I've learned to manage it to a comfortable level. What is it?

When I first moved here and started making some friends, we often talked about how much there is to do in TV. And of course how we only did a relatively small number of things compared to how much is available. Why weren't we doing more! Well, I and one of my very best friends in TV (God rest his wonderful, funny soul) gave that worrisome nagging feeling a name...The Villages Phobia.

So if there are more of you out there, maybe we should start a club. Wouldn't that be perfect?!? We could call it the "We Should Do More" club. Or possibly just "The Village Idiots?!?

Come on. Fess up.
No, I don’t have it. Moved here to slow down, live simply and enjoy my friendships, not busy myself with too many activities. Imo Its nice to keep activities to a minimum and stay relaxed. Love knowing there are so many options if I decide to switch to another.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchristie View Post
Your kidding right?
Old 10-29-2020, 02:10 PM

That's funny because I grew up in Somerset Mass in a section called the Villages (the wasn't capitalized). We were called the Village idiots.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

Being treated as lepers when we first got off a cruise ship in March, we self-quarantined thinking it was of necessity ... and are still self-quarantined, now by choice. We discovered how much we enjoy our home and our own and each other's company on a 24/7 basis. I busy myself at home as much—or as little—as I wish. I'm surprised at how much I don't miss the handful of clubs and activities I had been involved with. Instead I find myself working on projects that I'd thought about for years. What a comforting thing to have discovered because of the pandemic!

Last edited by Quixote; 10-30-2020 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Fixing grammar mistake.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:14 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=CFrance;1853894]Was that Richard who gave away lemons and limes, sometimes juiced? He was one of the first to use the last word of his screen name for his wife--Mrs. Trap. It always made me laugh.[/QUOT

That's who I was thinking of, too. What a kind man.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

Phobia, does that not mean something one is a scared of? The only thing that scares me about the Villages is that there is so much fun stuff to do every day, and the day is not long enough to knock off my daily to do list. Oh well, there is always tomorrow, with another opportunity to attack the to do list again and not get everything done. That is way better than starring at the wall watching the paint dry because there is nothing better to do : ) It's all good!
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, friends, club, phobia, perfect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.