What do you see?

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
No, it's the red butterfly trying desperately to slow down the blue lizard of destruction.
Maybe.
Or, maybe it is symbolic of the destructive force of a cannibalistic force attempting to conquer the allusive smaller and lighter entity that hovers just out of it's reach.

In reality, it's a dangerous chameleon, attempting to mimic food so as to entice it's prey close enough to pounce upon it and devour it. Not political at all. Just the life of survival of the fittest.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:24 PM
Thumbs up Desiderata, Max Ehrmann, 1927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit, is it original ? If not, please post the original source or author if you would.
Desiderata - Wikipedia
Old 05-08-2021, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Amazon.com

I googled because I was not sure what I was seeing. Is it fake? I do not know. But did find this.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:23 AM

This is an outrage.....I’m Gumby dammit...
Old 05-09-2021, 06:29 AM

Oh come on, can’t you see it - it’s the beauty of Freedom perched precariously on the verge of possible elimination.
Lol, thank you, this was a fun post - we can spin just like the pros.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit, is it original ? If not, please post the original source or author if you would.
Huh, Re: original source, no one posted that line. Is it like when a Dr taps your knee with a rubber hammer?
In any case it is easy to type it in on whatever search engine you use and discover a source for that line or a similar one.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:03 AM

I believe that symbol is used to denote a product is made of pure cotton.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:20 AM
SUENRAN
Default The OP is so correct!

Totally agree with the original poster. I would believe this forum was intended to assist residents with questions, not to support or promote the posters political views. It is sad that a select few posters are intent on telling everyone else how wrong their views are. In many cases civility ceases to exist. Your beliefs are your beliefs, not necessarily mine. Wouldn't it be great to focus on how fortunate it is to live in The Villages rather than ripping it apart, and being suspicious of every decision or opinion that is posted? Those that are so opposed to the environment of the Villages always have a choice to change their address and move to whichever utopia they wish.

I have recently thought about unsubscribing to TOTV as the negative posters take too much of my time and energy. It's the positive and helpful posters that keep me coming back. Thank you to those positive posters.

Facebook and Twitter may have it right...ban those posters you disagree with!
Old 05-09-2021, 09:46 AM

Wow, that last comment really blew me away. No conversation unless it agrees with your views. Scary world we live in these days if we permit and agree with censorship in the Land of the Free.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Is this a politician or just caused by the pandemic?
I hope people realize that this NEW attempt to split apart Americans by throwing shade, ****, and hatred at people wearing masks by people resolved to never wear masks IS ..........less about demonstrating "freedom" and "free speech" and more about being manipulated by dark media forces. These dark media forces get many of their anti-democracy ideas from Russian bots and Putin propaganda. By the time these "ideas of division" get down to the average person ; they gleefully repeat it as if it is cute and they originated it. They NEVER realize that it is propaganda designed by a foreign adversary to pour salt into the cracks formed in US society. Be careful about thinking of yourself as just a harmless, "rebel without a cause" when in reality you could be the unwitting purveyor of propaganda.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
That is mostly a blue lizard, carrying the burden of the red-marked butterfly. Obviously symbolic.
Very observant and clever!
Old 05-09-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Huh, Re: original source, no one posted that line. Is it like when a Dr taps your knee with a rubber hammer?
In any case it is easy to type it in on whatever search engine you use and discover a source for that line or a similar one.
"When a Dr. taps your knee with a rubber hammer"? Huh, I am having trouble getting that????? Could you post the original source, please?
Old 05-09-2021, 10:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUENRAN View Post
Totally agree with the original poster. I would believe this forum was intended to assist residents with questions, not to support or promote the posters political views. It is sad that a select few posters are intent on telling everyone else how wrong their views are. In many cases civility ceases to exist. Your beliefs are your beliefs, not necessarily mine. Wouldn't it be great to focus on how fortunate it is to live in The Villages rather than ripping it apart, and being suspicious of every decision or opinion that is posted? Those that are so opposed to the environment of the Villages always have a choice to change their address and move to whichever utopia they wish.

I have recently thought about unsubscribing to TOTV as the negative posters take too much of my time and energy. It's the positive and helpful posters that keep me coming back. Thank you to those positive posters.

Facebook and Twitter may have it right...ban those posters you disagree with!
The Villages is like ANY other place, it is NOT perfect. Therefore, criticism is justified and appropriate. Criticism if acted upon, can create improvement. The Colonies criticized England and the result is America today. What's NOT to like about criticism?
Old 05-09-2021, 11:22 AM

Three cinnamon rolls!
Old 05-09-2021, 11:27 AM

HOW BEAUTIFUL !!!!
PS : I’m sick of politics as well
Closed Thread

Tags
trolls, politicized, political, nice, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.