What if...

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2018, 12:10 AM
Platinum member
Default What if...

Do you have one moment in your life where a major decision changed the course for you (for better or for worse)? What was it?

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 12-09-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Do you have one moment in your life where a major decision changed the course for you (for better or for worse)? What was it?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Good morning, Fraugoofy,

I have been giving your question some thought. I have been around for a while so I have made a lot of major decisions. I do not know where to start on those.

Although, if I may, I would like to share a decision that does not fall into the category of "major" but I feel like it has influenced my life for the better.

I have been taken to task for this decision. I think I have made a couple of people a little mad at me. Others are surprised, a few even confused.

There are some who find it unimaginable that anyone would choose to do without this thing -- a thing that I could early-on see had the potential to grow arms and legs and pull me into situations I would rather not be in.

I confess that there were times when I started to waiver. That was when I invoked the words of Mark Twain, who said, "It is easier to stay out than to get out." And so I did.

I am happy to have remained a 21st Century freak:

I am not on Facebook, never have been, never will be.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Boomer, hey there are 2 of us, never on Facebook, never will be on Facebook, I consider it one of the greatest threats to your personal security.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Boomer, hey there are 2 of us, never on Facebook, never will be on Facebook, I consider it one of the greatest threats to your personal security.
I was invited to sign up on Nextdoor.com by a neighbor and when it got to the part "do you authorize access to all of your contacts,"... I hit cancel and got out of there quickly.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If I had not found my husband or he found me, my life would have been much different and never as good.

I am sure of that. He is my counter balance and my rock.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:22 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Good morning, Fraugoofy,

I have been giving your question some thought. I have been around for a while so I have made a lot of major decisions. I do not know where to start on those.

Although, if I may, I would like to share a decision that does not fall into the category of "major" but I feel like it has influenced my life for the better.

I have been taken to task for this decision. I think I have made a couple of people a little mad at me. Others are surprised, a few even confused.

There are some who find it unimaginable that anyone would choose to do without this thing -- a thing that I could early-on see had the potential to grow arms and legs and pull me into situations I would rather not be in.

I confess that there were times when I started to waiver. That was when I invoked the words of Mark Twain, who said, "It is easier to stay out than to get out." And so I did.

I am happy to have remained a 21st Century freak:

I am not on Facebook, never have been, never will be.
And yet you are on TOTV which is infinitely less secure.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Old 12-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

What if...my friend who introduced me to my Dougie, was not engaged and jumped all over the chance to date my love, life would have been very dull, I'm sure. My "ole boy" has a wonderful sense of humor (he'd have to, being married to me) I'm a very lucky girl!
Old 12-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Platinum member

Had I not thrown an egg at someone and had Hitler not invaded Poland, I would not have met my wife of fifty plus years.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If I had not found my husband or he found me, my life would have been much different and never as good.

I am sure of that. He is my counter balance and my rock.
Gracie, dear, I couldn’t have said it better. Robert and I have been going strong for forty-two years.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
My decision to not be on Facebook isn’t so much about security, although that was part of the original decision. I certainly am not passing judgment on anybody who chooses to be on it.

I guess I am just not all that interested. To me it would probably feel intrusive in both directions. But that’s just me.

Besides, like you said — here I am on TOTV. Notice how long and how many posts. (sigh) If I were on Facebook, too, I would never get anything else done.

I have tried to break up with TOTV, off and on for years. It is obvious how that is working.

Of course, I have entered the 21st Century with texting, which is often really convenient. But I admit to being a dinosaur who likes an old-fashioned phone call once in a while. (Dinosaur though I may be, at least, I am not a T-Rex or I would have a helluva time doing any of it.)
Old 12-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

The summer before my senior year in college, I wasn't going to be able go see my high school friend in our neighborhood one day, but I changed my schedule around to make it possible. 49 years later I'm still married to her big brother.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:02 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
My decision to not be on Facebook isn’t so much about security, although that was part of the original decision. I certainly am not passing judgment on anybody who chooses to be on it.

I guess I am just not all that interested. To me it would probably feel intrusive in both directions. But that’s just me.

Besides, like you said — here I am on TOTV. Notice how long and how many posts. (sigh) If I were on Facebook, too, I would never get anything else done.

I have tried to break up with TOTV, off and on for years. It is obvious how that is working.

Of course, I have entered the 21st Century with texting, which is often really convenient. But I admit to being a dinosaur who likes an old-fashioned phone call once in a while. (Dinosaur though I may be, at least, I am not a T-Rex or I would have a helluva time doing any of it.)
In that case it totally makes sense and I'm glad you are here.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:44 AM

Back when I was 17 and in high school, I turned down a graphics art scholarship to to UCF (FTU at the time). I was intending to join the Air Force. Being young, foolish and romantic, I ended up marrying my boyfriend instead, who had insisted that he would NOT wait for me. His selfishness set the tone of our marriage, it didn't last 9 years. BUT, because of that decision, I was still in Florida and met the love of my life shortly after. We were married almost 26 years before he passed away. So, a couple of decisions set the course of my entire life, and what is, is. It is pointless to spend energy on regrets.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

If I was still married to the meanest woman in the world I wouldn't have been so lucky for my great life.
Closed Thread

Tags
worse, tapatalk, sm-n920r4, changed, moment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.