What's On Your Bucket List?

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2018, 10:34 PM
Platinum member

I would so love, more than anything, to meet Stephen Sondheim. I don't mean just meet - but rather have a lunch or dinner so that we could hang out and talk for a spell. Of course, that's not going to happen I think he is 88 or 89 and so many people have wanted to get to him through the years. I cringe when I see a celebrity RIP, praying that it is not him. His lyrics and the skill he demonstrated in so many works leaves me in awe. I think he surpasses Gilbert & Sullivan by miles. Just one very small example:

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd,
His face was strange and his eye was odd
He shaved the faces of gentlemen
Who never thereafter were heard from again
Did Sweeney, Did Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-18-2018, 10:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I actually agree with the "wake up tomorrow" post. I am glad that I don't have a bucket list. I am most happy when I look at my calendar and there is nothing on it. I can afford to do anything I want, but, most of the time, I am happy to do nothing.
Well then it's great that you're achieving your goal of Nothing (hey wrong thread? LOL) and achieving your bucket list item:

To Not Have a Bucket List!
Old 11-18-2018, 11:02 PM

I have always wanted to travel around the British Isles; haven't made it yet. And I've dreamed of going into space since I was 10. Don't think that one is going to happen, although my youngest has promised to send me when she is rich and famous.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would like to be able to paint the beauty I see onto paper and canvas.
I've dabbled with graphite drawings but never tried paint. I bet you can do it if you put your mind to it. Do you work with oils or acrylics?

Last edited by BK001; 11-19-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Dance at my twin 8 yr old twin grandson's weddings! Hopefully they don't get married too young!
Twin grandsons -- a double blessing.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Here Goes

Actually we have driven from Paris to Tuscany and spent time in a Villa, Have crossed the Atlantic many many times, have toured Ireland. Have spent time in Paris, and London. Am Platimum on Princess and on Royal been to Atlaska and flown to little water area like and watched the Bears fish for Salmon. Flew on Sea Plane. Have been to Tahiti and Hawaii twice in the last couple of years. Just got back from month in Med on Princess and it was a big disappointment as it appears the Princess Cruise line has gone for making it a cash cow rather than treating Passengers well. I guess that every once in awhile you hit a bad one? Now for the best: NOTHING BEATS THE VILLAGES AND THE GOOD LIFE HERE. We are the happist here with all that is available and life style, etc. etc.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I've dabbled with graphite drawings but never tried paint. I bet you can do it if you put your mind to it. Do you work with oils or acrylics?
I have some of my paintings in the albums above. Water color and acrylics and colored pencil.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:40 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Actually we have driven from Paris to Tuscany and spent time in a Villa, Have crossed the Atlantic many many times, have toured Ireland. Have spent time in Paris, and London. Am Platimum on Princess and on Royal been to Atlaska and flown to little water area like and watched the Bears fish for Salmon. Flew on Sea Plane. Have been to Tahiti and Hawaii twice in the last couple of years. Just got back from month in Med on Princess and it was a big disappointment as it appears the Princess Cruise line has gone for making it a cash cow rather than treating Passengers well. I guess that every once in awhile you hit a bad one? Now for the best: NOTHING BEATS THE VILLAGES AND THE GOOD LIFE HERE. We are the happist here with all that is available and life style, etc. etc.
I agree. I used to not want to go home after one of our trips and now I find myself anxious to get back. I am growing to hate flying more and more and am just so happy to be here. The Villages is like a very permanent vacation and nothing we have seen anywhere in the world is better to me.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:23 AM

I recently completed a bucket list item I've been wanting since I was in my 20s -- I'm a fairly new pilot. It is the most amazing thing I've ever done and I love being in the air flying around looking at the coastline and flying over The Villages golf courses. It's so calming and absolutely wonderful!!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have some of my paintings in the albums above. Water color and acrylics and colored pencil.
Very nice -- it appears that you are already quite accomplished. If I could do what you've done I'd be quite proud.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to paminix

Walked across a swinging bridge in Costa Rica. 1/4 miles long and 100 feet above a river. Went white water rafting in Colorado and Jumped off a cliff 25 feet into the Colorado River (with a life jacket). Did I mention I have a fear of heights and can't swim? Also, do you know how much of your life can flash before your eyes in a mere 25 feet?
Old 11-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Twin grandsons -- a double blessing.
Yes! We actually have three sets of twin grandsons, though one tragically passed six years ago.
Age 23
Age 21
Age 8
Old 11-19-2018, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
She already does, and I have (and have seen) proof!
Old 11-19-2018, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

At the top of my bucket list when I was in high school was to move someplace warm and never see snow again. It took awhile, but I finally got there in 2011. I have had other minor bucket-list items fulfilled, but this was the biggest and the best. Goodbye, snow and cold.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
At the top of my bucket list when I was in high school was to move someplace warm and never see snow again. It took awhile, but I finally got there in 2011. I have had other minor bucket-list items fulfilled, but this was the biggest and the best. Goodbye, snow and cold.
Wow...........Very forward thinking in high school.

I was wondering where I was going to get beer for the weekend.
Closed Thread

Tags
list, bucket, achieved, item, love

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.