Your Personal Favorite Villages Home

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2019, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts
Default Your Personal Favorite Villages Home

If you didn't already live in the Villages, and could afford whatever kind of home you liked in the Villages, which 1 or 2 homes on the Villages Homefinder do you think you'd pick as your absolute favorites, and where in the Villages would you want it built?

My ideal home would be in the "old" section for a myriad of reasons, off of Shay or near the Boone Gate. But it would be a "site-built" home, rather than a manufactured home.

This one right here - if I could put this home in my choice of locations, and replace all the carpeting with premium vinyl plank, and replace that tropical-themed shower door with something a little more elegant - it'd be perfect.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 09-22-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My personal favorite Villages home is a ranch in Buttonwood that has been decorated by a friend who I think has the best sense of décor of anyone I have met beside our oldest daughter.

This home is done with a lot of beach influence and other touches of the beginning of her life near the shore in Massachusetts. The house is always immaculately clean and so very welcoming. She has added just the right amount of accessories, but not too many. The color is lovely and soft and welcoming and the balance of placement of all things makes you think of a perfectly painted picture.

I have many friends who have lovely and welcoming homes here in The Villages. In the top ten is Nucky's home which is always immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. The yard is immaculate and even when their car is parked there, it sparkles like the stars. I love clean.

There are on my list of homes here those of all sizes and in all areas including the historic area.

One of my favorite models is the Lantana if I were forced to choose. Like every villager, I think the Village we live in is the best, right in the middle.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-22-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Since Op is asking for homes in TV homefinder, her are my two favorites

VLS #228211
Bridgeport with 3 car garage, room for in-law suite, pool. Golf course view, although not a deal breaker.

VLS #228957
Casa Grande, the architecture in the older homes is a work of art. Unlike the newer models it has character, great lines, detail in the trams and design. Even though it does not have a 3 car garage, the private pool area is peaceful, and a room away from other parts of the house for in-law suite
Old 09-22-2019, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
If you didn't already live in the Villages, and could afford whatever kind of home you liked in the Villages, which 1 or 2 homes on the Villages Homefinder do you think you'd pick as your absolute favorites, and where in the Villages would you want it built?

My ideal home would be in the "old" section for a myriad of reasons, off of Shay or near the Boone Gate. But it would be a "site-built" home, rather than a manufactured home.

This one right here - if I could put this home in my choice of locations, and replace all the carpeting with premium vinyl plank, and replace that tropical-themed shower door with something a little more elegant - it'd be perfect.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
That is a nice one.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:23 AM
Sage

I would like a home with a pool, pool table, high ceilings, and an very large home theater.

Just dreaming.

Have only been in maybe 20 houses here in the Villages over the years from 2005 until now. So, I do not have a lot to go on.

And most of those homes are in Lynnhaven or Winifred.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:40 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

I found the Lantana provides the right sized and laid out floorplan for my needs and tastes. I love that model!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-22-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

A home somewhere between LSL and SS with privacy, a really big garage, and a private 25 yard long lap swimming pool. If our home had a bigger garage and our pool was 51 feet longer it would be the one. Oh well, we will have to settle for a crowded garage and do our lap swimming in the sports pools.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Since Op is asking for homes in TV homefinder, her are my two favorites

VLS #228211
Bridgeport with 3 car garage, room for in-law suite, pool. Golf course view, although not a deal breaker.

VLS #228957
Casa Grande, the architecture in the older homes is a work of art. Unlike the newer models it has character, great lines, detail in the trams and design. Even though it does not have a 3 car garage, the private pool area is peaceful, and a room away from other parts of the house for in-law suite
That Bridgeport is beautiful! Just the master bedroom alone is big enough for a luxury studio apartment up in the north!

The Casa Grande is gorgeous right from the stone driveway, fenced front porch to the back and everything inbetween. I'd need a maid - no way would I clean that place myself! But if money was no object as I said in the OP it'd definitely be a possibility! The spa with waterfall into the little pool is great. And was that a wine refrigerator in the laundry room? Wowza!

Nooks and crannies are my favorite "things" in homes. The Casa Grande certainly has lots of those!
Old 09-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
The intention of this thread is to get folks to check out the currently for sale homes on the Villages Homefinder and see the types of tastes people have. I was very specific for a reason: this wasn't supposed to be a popularity contest to say "oh member A's house is decorated so nicely" or "this generic floor plan would be awesome."

There are folks who visit here, or are just thinking about visiting and not decided yet, and pointing out members' favorites in the actual listings, can be helpful because these are actual homes that are actually for sale on the actual website. I'm not talking about how the knicknacks are laid out on their furniture and whether or not they have good taste in dining room table selection. I'm talking about the home itself.
OK. Intention noted. There are far too many homes on there to really get an idea about which might be our favorite home. And I usually have to see a home in person to tell if I would like it.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage

I started the thread because I didn't want to derail the "million dollar home in McLure" thread. Someone posted the listing for it, and that got me to the Homefinder Page, which got me poking around looking at various homes for sale. I saw a bunch of photos that were attractive and clicked on the listings, and realized I was looking for my "favorites." And so - this thread. To see what attracts other people when they look at that website.

Failed experiment. I tried, thought it'd be fun.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
No, just reminding people of the actual post I posted when I started the thread. Seems some people either don't actually read the thread, or do, and choose to ignore the topic.
One also has to allow for interpretation (right, wrong or indifferent) when asking a question of any non homogeneous group.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

My first preference is location, then neighbors, then close to those recreation areas I like to visit. The model of the house comes somewhere limping behind. I have bought many houses in my life time and only in TV was model a factor.

I was in the most beautiful house in TV I ever saw, had everything exclusive and high end that you could ask for located in the millionaires section. I noticed every house had their own pool, every house had a large lot, every house had lots of garages with their very expensive cars they might drive 5 miles a week. But the people were exclusive too, would not be seen at the common pool.... etc.

High ceilings and decorations only go so far with me.

As far as listings go, there are 2 in Mallory that are close to me, they would be my second choice.

Last edited by Velvet; 09-22-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage

Location definitely means the most to me above all, Velvet! Neighbors are definitely a close second, but you can't pick your neighbors unfortunately. You might start out with awesome neighbors but people move, or pass away, and homeowners are replaced faster than the homes themselves. Home models can be customized, so one Lantana has a pool and spa and birdcage, the other has less land, and just an open-air rear lanai. A third has an oversized garage, and yet a fourth has a bonus room and a golf cart. Models don't mean anything to me, but the actual finished product - something that says "I am HOME" - is what means something to me when I walk in the front door.

That's why I picked the house I picked on my previous post.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My first preference is location, then neighbors, then close to those recreation areas I like to visit. The model of the house comes somewhere limping behind. I have bought many houses in my life time and only in TV was model a factor.

I was in the most beautiful house in TV I ever saw, had everything exclusive and high end that you could ask for located in the millionaires section. I noticed every house had their own pool, every house had a large lot, every house had lots of garages with their very expensive cars they might drive 5 miles a week. But the people were exclusive too, would not be seen at the common pool.... etc.

High ceilings and decorations only go so far with me.

As far as listings go, there are 2 in Mallory that are close to me, they would be my second choice.
I have NEVER seen such a village here in The Villages. There is not one Village here where pools even dominate the non pools. How could anyone even think as well as KNOW that people in ANY village would "not be seen at the "common" pool???? The only Villages in all of The Villages where there are "large lots" is Harmeswood and I know for sure there were not more pools than not there, because we rented a home (for $1200 a month) when we were building the home we are in now nine years ago.

I think you are misinformed. And might just be guessing wrong.

P.S. The Porsch I pictured with me recently was not owned by us. I was trying to again try to make a point of not making judgements about things that we don't know. I believe that every soul in The Villages lives like a millionaire and a few are millionaires but didn't break any laws or harm anyone to become one.

I know of many, many people who live in Premier neighborhoods and I am inclined to think that most of them drive cars several years old and certainly not luxury cars. Some do, granted, but not the majority.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-23-2019 at 03:03 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well since only one person wanted to participate in the actual original post's topic, and this thread has gone on for three pages, we'll call this a failed topic. I tried.
I think it is a great topic. What is your favorite home in all of the Villages.

Mine is a Lantana. Or perhaps the Gardenia that was our first one in Hadley. We had wonderful neighbors. When we decided to move here full time we opted for a house with a little bigger bedroom for Helene and we did then build our first pool.

We like our second home here which is a Seabrook. And we love the neighbors here too.

Here is a picture of our first home in The Villages in Hadley thirteen years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Home in hadley.png
Views:	357
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	81036  

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-22-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, villages, replace, manufactured, gate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.