Your Personal Favorite Villages Home

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have NEVER seen such a village here in The Villages. There is not one Village here where pools even dominate the non pools. How could anyone even think as well as KNOW that people in ANY village would "not be seen at the "common" pool???? The only Villages in all of The Villages where there are "large lots" is Harmeswood and I know for sure there is not more pools than not there, because we rented a home (for $1200 a month) when we were building the home we are in now.

I think you are misinformed. And might just be guessing wrong.

P.S. The Porsch I pictured with me recently was not owned by us. I was trying to again try to make a point of not making judgements about things that we don't know. I believe that every soul in The Villages lives like a millionaire and a few are millionaires but didn't break any laws or harm anyone to become one.

I know of many, many people who live in Premier neighborhoods and I am inclined to think that most of them drive cars several years old and certainly not luxury cars. Some do, granted, but not the majority.
Gracie, it sounds like you have not met the people I am talking about. And they are nice people, just very exclusive...

It’s not that they are snobbish, it’s more that their hobbies are so expensive that one can’t play unless one can afford it. Oh, and I don’t mean car hobbies only.

And I could be wrong about the number of pools in the area.

Last edited by Velvet; 09-22-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My first preference is location, then neighbors, then close to those recreation areas I like to visit. The model of the house comes somewhere limping behind. I have bought many houses in my life time and only in TV was model a factor.

I was in the most beautiful house in TV I ever saw, had everything exclusive and high end that you could ask for located in the millionaires section. I noticed every house had their own pool, every house had a large lot, every house had lots of garages with their very expensive cars they might drive 5 miles a week. But the people were exclusive too, would not be seen at the common pool.... etc.

High ceilings and decorations only go so far with me.

As far as listings go, there are 2 in Mallory that are close to me, they would be my second choice.
You just dreamed this all up? I have been here for 17 years and have yet to see an area described this way.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:

P.S. The Porsch I pictured with me recently was not owned by us. I was trying to again try to make a point of not making judgements about things that we don't know. I believe that every soul in The Villages lives like a millionaire and a few are millionaires but didn't break any laws or harm anyone to become one.

I know of many, many people who live in Premier neighborhoods and I am inclined to think that most of them drive cars several years old and certainly not luxury cars. Some do, granted, but not the majority.
I am disappointed to read that is not your Porsche, GG. I owned a Cayenne S for many years and liked it but I prefer the xDrive50i BMW X5 I now drive to it. You ought to test drive one when you get a chance!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Sage

As I said, I could be wrong about the number of pools.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:37 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Gracie, it sounds like you have not met the people I am talking about. They are new. And they are nice people, just very exclusive...

It’s not that they are snobbish, it’s more that their hobbies are so expensive that one can’t play unless one can afford it.

And I could be wrong about the number of pools in the area.
Are you thinking of Pine Hills, The Preserve? Skip Smith has a video on YouTube showing some beautiful large homes in that area. Some have huge RV garages.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-22-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
I noticed every house had their own pool, every house had a large lot, every house had lots of garages with their very expensive cars they might drive 5 miles a week. But the people were exclusive too, would not be seen at the common pool.... etc.

Luckily we all had our garage doors open so you could see our expensive cars.

Out of respect to other Villagers, we have private pools so we can swim naked.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:46 AM
Sage

I prefer not to name the location because I don’t want to dis them in any way. It was just an observation I was making from what was said.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Luckily we all had our garage doors open so you could see our expensive cars.

Out of respect to other Villagers, we have private pools so we can swim naked.

Now, now, don’t be jealous. Lol.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,501 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
If you didn't already live in the Villages, and could afford whatever kind of home you liked in the Villages, which 1 or 2 homes on the Villages Homefinder do you think you'd pick as your absolute favorites, and where in the Villages would you want it built?

My ideal home would be in the "old" section for a myriad of reasons, off of Shay or near the Boone Gate. But it would be a "site-built" home, rather than a manufactured home.

This one right here - if I could put this home in my choice of locations, and replace all the carpeting with premium vinyl plank, and replace that tropical-themed shower door with something a little more elegant - it'd be perfect.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
This is a lovely home, Jazuela. I can see why you chose it. I love looking at homes here. Everyone puts their own stamp on them. I have always enjoying looking at homes for sale and at decorated models. When my husband and I were dating 58 years ago we would go to model homes and to the current Parade of Homes in Columbus, Ohio to dream. Now our dreams have come true.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage

Not meant to upset you guys, I was startled when I heard the comment about the pool too. I just prefer not to live in the very exclusive areas myself. But there is no need to get upset that some people do, in my opinion.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Now, now, don’t be jealous. Lol.

Of what??
Old 09-22-2019, 11:07 AM
Sage

My impression was, that you are kidding. This is a just for fun thread.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I have NEVER seen such a village here in The Villages. There is not one Village here where pools even dominate the non pools. How could anyone even think as well as KNOW that people in ANY village would "not be seen at the "common" pool???? The only Villages in all of The Villages where there are "large lots" is Harmeswood and I know for sure there is not more pools than not there, because we rented a home (for $1200 a month) when we were building the home we are in now.

I think you are misinformed. And might just be guessing wrong.

Let’s take a small premier neighborhood, say Bridgeport at Laurel Valley. Half of the homes there have pools as seen from Google maps. However, there is no neighborhood pool, so I’m not sure which neighborhood pool they would be seen at. I’m not sure what you consider a “large lot” but in that neighborhood there are no homes on less than 1/4 an acre, most a bit over 1/3 an acre and a few over 3/4 an acre.

Out of the 66 home in Harmswood, at least 40 have pools...
Old 09-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Well since only one person wanted to participate in the actual original post's topic, and this thread has gone on for three pages, we'll call this a failed topic. I tried.
I own the same design as the "ideal" home you linked to in the OP.

While the size and layout were perfect for us, the one negative in my mind is the 'L' shape of the lanai.

Would much have preferred pushing out the formal dining (eliminating the side portion of the lanai from the kitchen) and making the back portion of the lanai deeper/wider.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,501 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Let’s take a small premier neighborhood, say Bridgeport at Laurel Valley. Half of the homes there have pools as seen from Google maps. However, there is no neighborhood pool, so I’m not sure which neighborhood pool they would be seen at. I’m not sure what you consider a “large lot” but in that neighborhood there are no homes on less than 1/4 an acre, most a bit over 1/3 an acre and a few over 3/4 an acre.

Out of the 66 home in Harmswood, at least 40 have pools...
Many people at Laurel Valley use the sports pool at Laurel Manor. There is a group that goes there every week and exercises together ...And those who don't use the one at Tall Trees. We very much enjoyed going to Tall Trees before we got our first pool ever three years.

I didn't think half had pools. Just took a spin around and counted. I think you are right about half have pools in Laurel Valley.

Tags
home, villages, replace, manufactured, gate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.