Cracked 2" Floor Tiles in Master Shower

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Default Cracked 2" Floor Tiles in Master Shower

We have a Lilac home that is 4 years old. In the last week the master walk-in shower has developed hairline cracks in about 10
of the 2" floor tiles. It is in a diagonal line from the left entrance wall and travels diagonally to the right base of the shower seat.
It isn't tile after tile that has the hairline cracks, it skips a couple and then keeps going in the same direction. In total, about a length of 4 feet. Has anyone had this problem? If so, please let us know what caused it and how & who repaired it. It isn't anywhere else in the shower or bathroom. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Check with home warranty. They can tell you who installed the tile.
I had a problem of a small "bird bath" in the tile floor, the original installer was very responsive and reasonable to make the repair. it was past the warranty period.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 09-15-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotogo View Post
We have a Lilac home that is 4 years old. In the last week the master walk-in shower has developed hairline cracks in about 10
of the 2" floor tiles. It is in a diagonal line from the left entrance wall and travels diagonally to the right base of the shower seat.
It isn't tile after tile that has the hairline cracks, it skips a couple and then keeps going in the same direction. In total, about a length of 4 feet. Has anyone had this problem? If so, please let us know what caused it and how & who repaired it. It isn't anywhere else in the shower or bathroom. Thanks for your help.
Call the Warranty Department to find out who installed the tiles, because it's been four years you will still have to pay for them but at least they might be able to match them.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

I think you have a crack in the cement below your shower tile that is expanding.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I would definitely call home warranty, if you do have a crack in the slab (see comment above) that repair may be covered under warranty. IMHO, I would definitely want to have this investigated to make sure that the cause for the cracking is found, and not just covered over.

Tags
shower, tile, hairline, cracks, master

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.