Remodeling guest bathroom

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2021, 01:56 PM
Default Remodeling guest bathroom

Can anyone recommend a GOOD and HONEST person to remodel a guest bathroom. Thank you!!!!
Old 02-10-2021, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had my master bath redone in September. After reading reviews on TOTV I had picked out these four contractors, links are below. In the case of Doc's Restorations, which most everyone is familiar with because of their extensive advertising in the Daily Sun. I had a next door that had his CYV gutted two years ago. It was a resale and before he moved in, he had Doc's redo almost everything from the kitchen to the bathrooms, closets, floors, etc. I toured his home and it was done very nice.

I called Doc's first and I knew it would be a first class job. Our master is not that big, it's a CYV, and for example we have a walk-shower, no tub, and the vanity only has one sink. Doc's can give you a man-made product in the shower called Bellastone or tile. Their appraiser gave me a price of about $12,000, and that was after applying all those discount coupons you see in the newspaper.

I then had Jettastone come out, they gave me a price of $8,100 which included the shower, the vanity, the vanity top and a new sink. The plumbing and the floor tile contractors he works with the same ones, but you have to deal with each one individually as far as payment and selection of products.

I probably should of given Home Pro a call, but Jettastone was booked up so far in advance, this was June and he's giving me start dates for mid-September. So I went ahead and contracted with Jettastone before calling the other two.

The plumber charged for a new faucet for the sink and new toilet and labor, it came to $850. The tile installer charged for is labor which included new baseboards and colored grout, it came for $525. I purchased the tile for the floor from the Floor Shoppe on 301 and it came to $200. I purchased a new vanity light myself from Lowe's website and installed it myself and I purchased a new towel rack and toilet paper holder from Home Depot, which I installed myself. I purchased knobs for the vanity, which came to $20 and Jettastone installed them. The total cost came to $9,500 spent.

I had been the general contractor before on two homes I built in Pensacola many years ago, so I was familiar with all the contractors and work they needed to do. Probably if you don't want any involvement at all, it would be best to work with one of the others. Here are some photos;

Kitchen & Bath Studios of Ocala 8590 E. CR 466 The Villages, FL

Doc's Restorations 15580 S US HWY 441, Summerfield, FL

Jettastone 920 NE 16th Street Ocala, FL

Home Pro Bath 845 Teague Trail Lady Lake, FL

Here is the vanity and the tile floors

The Villages Florida

The vanity top and the shower floors and walls are all man-made, their patterns resemble either marble or as we selected, a speckled sort of quartz look.

The Villages Florida

The shower I left open and use just a curtain rod and shower curtain. If I wanted glass doors, Jettastone wanted $1250, I've priced horizontal sliding glass doors at HD and Lowes for about $300 to $400 and then you can have them installed by someone else for about $200. I did replace the shower faucet that the plumber installed with one that had a separate sprayer.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-10-2021, 03:13 PM

Thank You John
Closed Thread

Tags
guest, bathroom, remodeling, recommend, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.