Home Pro Bath Installs Bidet toilet seats, amazing! Why don't we all use these?

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2020, 07:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

I have a friend here who grew up in Belgium and loves using a bidet. With a bidet you face the wall. With these, you don’t. I asked her about using toilet paper. She said no, you have your own towel hanging beside the toilet. No less sanitary than drying yourself after a shower. In Europe, people with bidets sometimes use their hand, not just the spray.

However, WARNING! Last summer I stayed in several of the top hotels in Spain, and they all had these. However, some had built-in controls, like this model, and some had remote controls. I’m not all that fat, but I could not SEE the control panel with this sort. (Also, I couldn’t read the remote control kind without glasses!) I would say, get one with a remote control mounted on the wall. Without that, you are going to be sadly disappointed unless you are the size of a sparrow.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

when in Rome, do as the Romans do

when in the good ole US of A.....use TP
Old 04-14-2020, 08:01 AM

Oh .... I love the peach pic!
Old 04-14-2020, 08:04 AM

We have had a bidet for years. Considerably less than $100 and easy to install. We have towels hung next to the toilet for each of us.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoMac View Post
I travelled a lot during my work career and discovered the bidet seat. I sourced and used them ever since, better than 10 years, and wouldn’t do without. A good quality seat leaves you squeaky clean. When I moved to TV I brought my seats with me, had a electrician install GFI outlets (dedicated outlets not required), and installed myself. Very easy if you are handy and takes about 1/2 hour or less. I purchased my seats from Brondell, a Swash 400 and Swash 1000. Both work excellent and I am not selling anything 😀. The seats I have do not have the control wing attached to the side, instead there is a wireless remote that is attached to a wall next to the toilet. If you try one you will be sold, and no you can’t try mine. 😁
Did your toilets have the push/pull water valves? Ours does and it needs to be threaded to install the water connection. Would love to know how you handled that.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:33 AM

I installed these myself, very easy.
I did change out the old valve and supply line, which everyone should do.
those supply lines are hard crimped to the old valves and are getting old.
around $50

Robot Check
Old 04-14-2020, 10:09 AM

I've used them for years, cost about $30 and install is quick and easy. They don't need a receptacle, water temperature is fine. You're cleaner and use very little TP.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:54 AM

Thank you! Went to the Brondell web site and was so impressed. We will be purchasing the model 300. Can’t wait until it arrives.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:02 AM
theruizs

Tried it and not really for me either, but they have been used for generations in Europe and Asia. Just like we snicker at the thought of using one, they snicker at us for not. Associates I have dealt with in both Europe and Asia, but especially Asia, think Americans are not very clean in that regard, that’s the nicest way to put it.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Oh .... I love the peach pic!
Looks more like a " Nectarine " to me, that isn't quite ripe.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
Tried it and not really for me either, but they have been used for generations in Europe and Asia. Just like we snicker at the thought of using one, they snicker at us for not. Associates I have dealt with in both Europe and Asia, but especially Asia, think Americans are not very clean in that regard, that’s the nicest way to put it.
How do you say "Skid Marks" in Chinese?
Old 04-14-2020, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
In Europe the bidets are used backwards from a commode. So you'd have to be wearing a skirt and no underwear, or you'd have to be disrobing a lot. They also have a towel next to the bidet for drying off.
Those are so befuddling. If I'm going to the trouble of disrobing from the waist down, I might as well just step into the shower and use a handheld shower head to wash/rinse the area in question.

(A hand-held is one of my three required "modern" conveniences, along with automatic garage door openers and ice cube makers. Never going back to filling trays, opening heavy garage doors, or rinsing my bottom by aiming it at a stream of water falling from on high!)
Old 04-14-2020, 01:22 PM

Actually, not necessarily with a warm air blower..
Old 04-14-2020, 02:15 PM

My son had one of those toilet installed as his house was being built about 2 years ago. We first yelled at him for spending$1300.00 on a toilet but when I went to visit him and tried it, it was wonderful! I told my husband when we make the final move to our home in TV I want one in the master bath. He said he's not spending that kind of money on a toilet! LOL But I know i'll get it anyway! The toilet not only sprays and air dries, it has a heated seat and self sanitizes! His panel to operate it is on the wall. The only thing is we said to him what will happen if you're re-stationed somewhere else and his answer was "i guess the people buying the house will have a damn nice toilet"!
Old 04-14-2020, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Those are so befuddling. If I'm going to the trouble of disrobing from the waist down, I might as well just step into the shower and use a handheld shower head to wash/rinse the area in question.

(A hand-held is one of my three required "modern" conveniences, along with automatic garage door openers and ice cube makers. Never going back to filling trays, opening heavy garage doors, or rinsing my bottom by aiming it at a stream of water falling from on high!)
My guess is that you've never tried one.
Closed Thread

Tags
bidet, water, warm, wash, pro

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.