Shower Remodel Ideas

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Default Shower Remodel Ideas

We'd like to replace the fiberglass shower surround in the master bath of our Amarillo without changing the overall footprint. What have you done? New surround? Custom tile? Granite? Or what? And, who did it for you?
Old 05-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marennorge View Post
We'd like to replace the fiberglass shower surround in the master bath of our Amarillo without changing the overall footprint. What have you done? New surround? Custom tile? Granite? Or what? And, who did it for you?
We have not redone ours in The Villages yet, but if and when we do, I want to look into seeing if anyone does corian. When we re-did our bathrooms where we currently are up north, I originally wanted tile for the shower and even partially on the walls. My contractor talked me into a corian walk-in shower instead. Now, 10 years later, I am so glad I went with his suggestion. It is so easy to clean and still looks brand new - no problems with mold/grout, etc. Not sure if anyone down there does corian showers as I haven't heard of anyone who has one. If you decide to check it out and find someone, let me know. Sorry I can't even give you an idea on the cost either because it was part of a whole house project. Good luck with your search - hope others will chime in to give you some direction/ideas.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Platinum member

Along the same lines of solid-surface w/o grout lines, i.e. Corian , I'd like to hear from folks who have used Jettastone (Wildwood K&B) and Terrastone (Central Fl K&B). I'm curious how these solid-surface solutions stand up after 5 years?
Old 05-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Default Shower remodel

We used Central Florida kitchen and bath. They manufacture and install Terrastone surfaces(in addition to selling granite, quartz and all the other types of counter top surfaces). We couldn't be happier with the shower stall redo. We used them previously for granite counter replacement. Very professional and skilled craftsmanship.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.