cable tv and internet

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2020, 04:06 PM
Default cable tv and internet

We have infinity for internet and cable. The bill is $165 per month. Does anyone have a cheaper option. We would like to get just internet and use the antenna tv, but last time we tried, it did not work. We took the same antenna to ohio and it worked.

any ideas how to save money? we do need the internet, but a small package is fine.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

We have xfinity and pay a lot less than that.

How many packages have you signed up for? Seems like you must have a lot.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredmika View Post
We have infinity for internet and cable. The bill is $165 per month. Does anyone have a cheaper option. We would like to get just internet and use the antenna tv, but last time we tried, it did not work. We took the same antenna to ohio and it worked.

any ideas how to save money? we do need the internet, but a small package is fine.
There are many, many posts on this subject.....if you search you should find the information you need in a much shorter time then doing this again. Where you live will define your options and probably your issue with the antenna.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-01-2020, 06:07 AM
Default TV stations are quite distant

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredmika View Post

I looked into an antenna and I see a couple of houses with them. The stations are so far away that you need to have it mounted on a pole and it appears to be about 15 feet above the roof line.

I currently pay for internet only and then use YouTube TV. I purchased a Chromecast device. You use your computer or phone and their app to see their channel line up, then you "cast" it over to the TV. Once cast over the TV you can use the computer separately, again. This allows me to watch TV on my computer as well which is nice, I do this a lot. They have an infinite DVR capability so I tend to select anything of interest and it will be stored on their servers for viewing later (then you can skip the ads). I think YouTube TV is up to $65 per month now. And you have to pay for internet from any provider (another approximately $50 per month depending upon speed).

Another option I have considered is changing providers every two years. You typically sign a 2 year contract and get a special rate. Then cancel the service and go to another one, we have lots of choices here in the Villages. The new service will give you the starter rate. Additionally, when you go to cancel your current service, they don't want you to leave. If you are persistent I have read they will offer you a new customer discount if you sign a new contract. Or cancel your service and have your spouse call back and sign up again as a new customer.
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, cable, antenna, ohio, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.