Villages Computer Club - new networking technology for home use

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Default Villages Computer Club - new networking technology for home use

Interested in learning about new networking technology for home use then come to La hacienda Dec 6th at 1pm
Home networks have become a staple of most household internet setups and provide connectivity plus secure wireless internet access for a wide variety of electronic devices (TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers and smart appliances). However, networking technology continues to evolve and Ted Wright in this talk titled” New Networking Technologies” scheduled for La Hacienda, 1pm,Dec 6th will review some of the new networking options. For anyone considering upgrading their home network or interested in learning more about how network technology is changing, this talk is an excellent resource. Be sure to attend!
Old 12-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Where is the best place to take a computer that shut off and won't open up? I really need the information on it but the computer is older so can't afford to put a lot into it to get it checked out.
Thank u !
Old 12-04-2019, 08:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Where is the best place to take a computer that shut off and won't open up? I really need the information on it but the computer is older so can't afford to put a lot into it to get it checked out.
Thank u !
What I would do is to remove the drive and connect it to another computer and copy the files you need to thumb drive. Of course it depends on the pld computer. Some computers use a fixed drive that can not be removed. Please indicate if it a Windows PC or Mac, laptop or desktop, which operating system you were using.

I help people all the time convert to Linux by removing the old drive and replacing it with a drive that has Linux on it. If they like Linux, they keep it and I erase the old drive for use to Linux for the next person.

Feel free to PM me.

Last edited by JoelJohnson; 12-04-2019 at 08:47 AM. Reason: offer help
Closed Thread

Tags
networking, technology, home, internet, network

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.