BAD Lawn Service.....Where are the good ones?

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Default BAD Lawn Service.....Where are the good ones?

I am so over Leon's Lawn Service.....when they had very few customers to service, they promised you the world. But now they say they do not need you as a customer if you complain about there awful service. Do not use them no matter what, lawn service people are a dime a dozen, but still looking for the right one.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

We were charged monthly for lawn service that wasn't completed. It is a large company that I won't mention here, because we may have been an isolated case. We are signing with a company that does our home watch and is expanding to lawn service. They do a wonderful job for the home watch and look forward to similar service with the lawn. There are different options. We are going with the twice a month mowing and PULLING of weeds in beds.

They advertise on this forum, Lighthouse Home Watch 353-445-3250.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:17 AM

We also use Leon's and we are very disappointed in their service. I heard that they actually "fired" a customer because she asked to have her lawn edged, something that they said they do on a regular basis. We are also in search of a new lawn service.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Gold member

We had similar experience with bad service and a terrible looking law with Regal. One would thing that a small company would go the extra mile to keep happy customers.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Platinum member

I've used Massey for nearly three years, and they haven't let me down.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:14 AM

Smitty lawn and tree had never disappointed me and anyone I have recommended them to. 352-561-1999 Matt Smith
Old 03-06-2015, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts
Thumbs up

Fertigator
Old 03-06-2015, 07:35 AM

Cedwards38 what do you have massey do for you? Cutting your lawn, Just fertilizing do they trim?
Old 03-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

my lawn people are not that "smart" cutting my grass 2 times this winter,spraying weed killer,........but weeds still there.............no more pre paying . when you find a good one let us know.............please.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:28 PM

Save yourself some trouble don't try Service Smart
Old 03-30-2015, 11:41 PM

Stay away from Hometown. They haven't fulfilled any of my 4 contracts.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholland007 View Post
I am so over Leon's Lawn Service.....when they had very few customers to service, they promised you the world. But now they say they do not need you as a customer if you complain about there awful service. Do not use them no matter what, lawn service people are a dime a dozen, but still looking for the right one.

We cut out own grass when we lived up North, but many neighbors did not. It cost them a LOT of money. Here the typical bill for grass cutting is about fifty bucks a month, but that includes the dormant season for a year contract. I think that a huge bargain compared to the weekly fee of about that my neighbors paid to have grass cut in Ohio.

We have had two lawn services, one when we lived in Hadley and one in this house. It is wise for new residents to talk to their neighbors to see what they like and to hire someone who is already vetted.

We have chosen the residential part of Mike's Maintenance, the one that services the common area of The Villages. Their company came with The Morses from Michigan back when. As they told us when we booked, if we had a problem to report it. They are depending on new help a lot, it is hard to keep these enterprising young men and women, they decide to open their own business. If something was missed or done badly call the office and tell them. If you want your weeds PULLED, expect to pay a lot for it, it is backbreaking work. I know, I pull ours and Sweetie does too. Keep your pine straw thick.. If you want your bushes trimmed, that is extra, but easy to do, even for this old person.

Good luck. Remember what you pay is a bargain. Ask your neighbors first.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-31-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV MAN View Post
Cedwards38 what do you have massey do for you? Cutting your lawn, Just fertilizing do they trim?
They don't mow, but they do everything else. I have lawn and schrub fertilization, termite control, insect control, and sprinkler inspection and maintenance from them. They seem to go out of their way to please me. I hire a guy from Wildwood to mow for me and he's done a good job for three years now. I hire another fellow to trim my hedges when they need it.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:13 AM

We use the same mowing company as many of our neighbors. That seems to work. It is obviously more efficient for the mowers to be unloaded once to go from yard to yard to yard. Time is money and the mowing companies should try to keep a street -- or most of a street -- happy. Talk to your neighbors. Especially neighbors who live here all year because they will know how it goes in all seasons.

We use Dean's for fertilizing and treating the yard and for the bug stuff. We have found Dean's to be responsive and professional.

Weeds? It is not easy to find a company to do that. Again, time is money.

So I went to Home Depot. Bought a big bottle of ready-to-use Roundup with a wand attached to the side. I patrol the landscape beds and stop the weeds and invading grass before they get much of a start.

I also bought a big container of Preen with a sprinkle-top. I hit the landscape rocks with that. Preen is a pre-emergent. It won't kill weeds but it prevents some of them. Sometimes I catch weeds growing on those rocks. I guess it takes only a touch of dirt for them to start.

We also bought a battery-operated trimmer and take care of the shrubs. We cut one in half a couple of weeks ago and it is coming back beautifully.

So this is what we do. But our yard is the size of a postage stamp. We like it like that. Had our share of acreage.

I quickly figured out that fending off those weeds was going to be up to me. It is too hard to find somebody for weeds. (Besides, doing it myself takes less time than being aggravated.)

Cuts-to-the-Chase Laurie
Old 03-31-2015, 07:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Fertigator

Another Fertigator vote
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.