Bowles Landscapers - Abusive

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-17-2019, 09:43 AM
Petes Petes is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bowles Landscapers - Abusive

Beware of Bowles Landscapers. My neighbor uses them and I spotted them walking over my property and trampling a cactus.
When I approached them about the incident, the young guy came towards me yelling and screaming obscenities.
They have no consideration for yours and other people’s property. Just want in and out as fast as possible.
Apparantley, they advertise themselves as “Christians”.

I did add the following in a separate post which seems to have disappeared?

Since Posting,
I contacted the owner who did the right thing and apologized on his employees behalf. . Let’s hope it was a one off hot headed incident not to be repeated.

Last edited by Petes; 12-21-2019 at 07:05 AM.
  #2  
Old 12-17-2019, 09:46 AM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,364
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default

Thanks for the heads up. If he was in a threatening manner I would consider calling the police. Then you're neighbor can find out what kind of jerks they hired. BTW, I've used McGowin and Terrascape over the years, and I have to Terrascape is a very professional outfit who want to please.
  #3  
Old 12-17-2019, 05:53 PM
600th Photo Sq 600th Photo Sq is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 862
Thanks: 1
Thanked 425 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes View Post
Beware of Bowles Landscapers. My neighbor uses them and I spotted them walking over my property and trampling a cactus.
When I approached them about the incident, the young guy came towards me yelling and screaming obscenities.
They have no consideration for yours and other people’s property. Just want in and out as fast as possible.
Apparantley, they advertise themselves as “Christians”.
Actually if you are over 65 that is considered assault, think about the incident.

Just a thought
  #4  
Old 12-17-2019, 06:07 PM
yabbadu yabbadu is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 536
Thanks: 1
Thanked 68 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Something else might be in play here. Have used Bowles for sometime now and found them to always be very courteous.
  #5  
Old 12-17-2019, 08:11 PM
600th Photo Sq 600th Photo Sq is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 862
Thanks: 1
Thanked 425 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Something else might be in play here. Have used Bowles for sometime now and found them to always be very courteous.
Past tense. This person had her plants trampled on but she was verbally abused.

Basically it is " You have the right to remain to be silent " etc.

The person was a punk .

  #6  
Old 12-17-2019, 09:59 PM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,442 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Past tense. This person had her plants trampled on but she was verbally abused.

Basically it is " You have the right to remain to be silent " etc.

The person was a punk .

Where you there? It's the only reason I can think of why you would completely believe one person, and completely dismiss another.
  #7  
Old 12-18-2019, 10:42 AM
NavyVet NavyVet is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 246
Thanks: 767
Thanked 185 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Over many years of observation, I have found that those who 'advertise' as christian are usually the most hypocritical.
I realize that sounds like a generalization but that has been my experience and is just my opinion. Peace. :-)
__________________



Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
  #8  
Old 12-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Rapscallion St Croix's Avatar
Rapscallion St Croix Rapscallion St Croix is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: TV..Ugly Golf Swing Capital of the World
Posts: 1,704
Thanks: 18
Thanked 607 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Hmmm. I have two choices:
1. Call the owner of the company and let them know about the unacceptable behavior of their employee.
2. Vent on an internet forum.

Number 2, please.
__________________
What am I supposed to call my Plantation Shutters now?
  #9  
Old 12-18-2019, 11:54 AM
AIMFIRE AIMFIRE is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Wow that’s quite a broad stroke description of Christians. The company may advertise as such but the workers might not be.
  #10  
Old 12-18-2019, 12:05 PM
redwitch's Avatar
redwitch redwitch is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,099
Thanks: 2
Thanked 76 Times in 33 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default

I would definitely let the owner of Bowles know of this behavior.

1. The employee had no right to be on your property. It’s called trespassing.

2. The employee had no right to step on your plant. It’s called destruction of personal property.

3. The employee has no right to tell at you. It’s called, at the very least, threatening behavior and could be determined to be assault to a person over 65.

However, if you don’t tell the owner, there’s nothing he can do about it. Whether you choose to call the Sheriff is up to you. Telling us may let you get off some steam but doesn’t change anything.
__________________
Army/embassy brat - traveled too much to mention
Moved here from SF Bay Area (East Bay)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
  #11  
Old 12-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Toymeister's Avatar
Toymeister Toymeister is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,181
Thanks: 45
Thanked 1,300 Times in 410 Posts
Default

The best option is to tell the firm is their bad employees are being discussed on an open forum for everyone to see.

If they are slightly smart they will come on this board to publicly apologize and reach out to the OP to offer some token for their trouble.

If the owner is quite intelligent they would do that and start a Google alert for their business name. And address issues early.
  #12  
Old 12-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,442 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Hmmm. I have two choices:
1. Call the owner of the company and let them know about the unacceptable behavior of their employee.
2. Vent on an internet forum.

Number 2, please.
Well done, sir.
  #13  
Old 12-18-2019, 05:38 PM
Shimpy's Avatar
Shimpy Shimpy is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,699
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
The best option is to tell the firm is their bad employees are being discussed on an open forum for everyone to see.

If they are slightly smart they will come on this board to publicly apologize and reach out to the OP to offer some token for their trouble.

If the owner is quite intelligent they would do that and start a Google alert for their business name. And address issues early.
I always read your responses because they are accurate and to the point.
__________________
Les
  #14  
Old 12-20-2019, 03:24 PM
Petes Petes is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Since Posting,
I contacted the owner who did the right thing and apologized on his employees behalf. . Let’s hope it was a one off hot headed incident not to be repeated.

Last edited by Petes; 12-20-2019 at 03:45 PM.
  #15  
Old 12-20-2019, 03:52 PM
Velvet's Avatar
Velvet Velvet is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,260
Thanks: 736
Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,000 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I would definitely let the owner of Bowles know of this behavior.

1. The employee had no right to be on your property. It’s called trespassing.

2. The employee had no right to step on your plant. It’s called destruction of personal property.

3. The employee has no right to tell at you. It’s called, at the very least, threatening behavior and could be determined to be assault to a person over 65.

However, if you don’t tell the owner, there’s nothing he can do about it. Whether you choose to call the Sheriff is up to you. Telling us may let you get off some steam but doesn’t change anything.
Great comments, and I agree.

Telling us at this forum warns us. (I am looking for a landscaper too.) And it gives a chance to people like yourself to give us ideas on how to deal with an adverse situation.
Closed Thread

Tags
bowles, landscapers, property, consideration, people’s

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.