Disappointed lawn care

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2022, 09:26 AM
Thumbs down Disappointed lawn care

I signed a contract with Superior landscape services. I requested they notify me so I could unlock the gate to backyard and to close off the doggie door. There is a serious communication within their office and the people that service the landscaping. They haven’t been to our yard since July and here it is Sept. The technicians get their service lists in the morning and I see no reason for them not to contact me then. They assured me they would be here yesterday, so I texted the technician and when he text me back the answer was “huh?” He didn’t show up and I haven’t. I requested to cancel the contract and was told I could cancel but my mo he would not be refunded. Very frustrated!
Old 09-03-2022, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

You paid up front?
Old 09-03-2022, 09:40 AM

Next year DIY
I follow The Lawn Care Nut
https://youtu.be/aCeyfqE7dew
It's kinda fun and my lawn's never looked better.
Old 09-03-2022, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

Massey service over the last year has really gone downhill.. keep hearing the same excuse of not enough employees.. my reply to them was then STOP taking on new customers and service the ones you have properly
Old 09-03-2022, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Lesson learned. We had Superior for the first year we were here. They sprayed something on our back lawn that killed it. They did nothing to make it right. We switched to Dean’s and couldn’t be happier.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-03-2022, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,014 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral51Bjl View Post
I signed a contract with Superior landscape services. I requested they notify me so I could unlock the gate to backyard and to close off the doggie door. There is a serious communication within their office and the people that service the landscaping. They haven’t been to our yard since July and here it is Sept. The technicians get their service lists in the morning and I see no reason for them not to contact me then. They assured me they would be here yesterday, so I texted the technician and when he text me back the answer was “huh?” He didn’t show up and I haven’t. I requested to cancel the contract and was told I could cancel but my mo he would not be refunded. Very frustrated!
Unfortunately too many lawn service companies take on business with little thought on how they would service their customers
Old 09-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Going back to Deans.. they show up every week, take care of the lawn. We just let go of our 8th lawn company, it’s work just to find a company, then they last until summer hits.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

People, all these services are controlled by the help they employee.
Here's a tip I usual use, if you have a guy that you like, remember his name and insist on asking for him again.

We had guys come to the house that acted like they had no clue on why they were here.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
We went thru the same thing the first year we were here. You'll recover. I however thru the grace of others on TOTV'S learned to never tip before the meal. I wouldn't give anyone a penny before some kind of delivery or service was provided. Look at it this way, it was a cheap lesson to learn. Get another contractor and chalk this one up. You'll be fine. This is the way it goes with many of these companies.

I tried to help others by posting the replacement company I found after using them for a year. That really worked out great, so many people went to the company that I have the problem of looking for service all the time, and billing problems and being nice in this case didn't work out so well. The company has expanded greatly in the last four years and has its act together now. I was the victim of their growing pains. My present company is the very best, top drawer but I'll never tell anyone who it is. Sorry!
Old 09-04-2022, 05:43 AM
Veteran member

NEVER sign a contract and NEVER pay upfront!!!!! there a many, many, many companies out there that DO NOT require either
Old 09-04-2022, 06:09 AM

I just dropped Massey last week for poor performance.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
Massey service over the last year has really gone downhill.. keep hearing the same excuse of not enough employees.. my reply to them was then STOP taking on new customers and service the ones you have properly
I have had excellent service from Massey in terms of chemical application
I have had the worst service when they cut my lawn
I think it depends on which Massey employees are working in your area
Old 09-04-2022, 06:49 AM

I have used every well recommended lawn service and fertilization company that services TV over the past 5 years and what I’ve found is that none of them are very good. They start out hood and 6 months to a year in no so much.

I’m on my second round with Deans but have had holes bare spots and lotsa weeds this summer. I questioned the tech he said they got a bad batch of weed and insect treatment so it’ll get better now.

As far as the lawn and shrub care I took that over last year and it’s never looked better.

So I’ll be getting rid of deans and making a second round with all the others again it’s like change every year to get a years hood service and be prepared for service to decline and change again the following year.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2022, 07:18 AM

We had problems with SUPERIOR as well. Extremely poor management ! They do nothing at all to rectify the problem ! The first year they were very good! Downhill after that! We pain for HORRIBLE SERVICE!
Old 09-04-2022, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

All my friends here all over the villages have fired their lawn cutting companies and have started cutting the lawns themselves. I fired my company after 2 months of living here, didn’t show up, did a terrible job, and on a yearly contract, would have charged me for each of the winter months when actually I cut my lawn a couple times during the 5 winter months. I bought all new battery powered tools: lawn mower, edger, blower, and weed eater that cost me less than a 1 year contract of somebody else that wouldn’t do it half as good as I do. I can cut my lawn in 20 mins, walk around with a spreader for fertilizer and or bug spray in another 15 mins, pretty easy work.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, haven’t, cancel, requested, contract

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.