Dean's Services

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 09-08-2013, 07:09 AM
User's Original Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I love Dean's. no problems...great service. Use them only for bugs, fertilizer etc. KB landscaping mows our lawn. Love them too.
This is our experience exactly. We use these two companies.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 AM
User's Original Comment
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
I had to cancel Dean's because I asked them to come out and spray for ants, and was told that do not spray for ants if they are outside the home. So I told them that they just entered the home, and they reluctantly came out and sprayed. So make sure you find out if you have ants in the yard, or around the patio, they will come out and spray.

This kind of thing can be confusing. I just asked Sweetie and he said that we have had both Dean and Massey, one at each home we have had here.and he thinks Deans is more a local company and Massey is bigger. He thinks both are good.

When you have a contract for bugs they come and spray around the outside perimeter of your home to protect the INSIDE. If you see ants inside they will come in and place traps and spray their trails. (Different ants, I THINK, than fire ants in the yard.) Termites are a different contract. And so are fire ants outside.

It is hard to know when you see grass lookin' funny in spots, if it is insects, disease, or too much water or lack of water or fertilizer. Fire ants are easy to diagnose and to treat yourself. A little fire ant dust on their hills and poof, they move to the village of heavenly.

See. I just reread what I typed and I am still confused.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-08-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:29 AM
User's Original Comment
Veteran member
Default Deans

Never had a problem, came immediately when I called them. Had them for 3 years now.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:43 AM
User's Original Comment
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you for the positive comments. We are a locally owned company that has been here for over 30 years. We give an honest evaluation when asked and try hard to please everyone (even though sometimes its challenging).
As our banner indicates, we offer a variety of services which you may need.

Feel free to call our office if you have any questions or concerns. We are happy to help.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:51 PM
User's Original Comment

We have had Dean's from the get-go and we are VERY happy with them, their service, their price and their staff.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:07 PM
User's Original Comment
Platinum member

We had a problem with drain flies, and Shellie from Deans located the source for us. It was the tub P-trap in the guest bath that has never been used. Shellie applied an enzyme in the P-trap and left a trap to capture any flies that were out and about. Anyone can spray after the fact but it was nice to see that Dean's trains it's field technicians to locate the source of the problem. Dean's has always been prompt in their response whenever we've called them. They may not be the only game in town but in our opinion they're one of the best for home pest control.

George
Old 10-09-2013, 07:28 PM
User's Original Comment
Veteran member

We use Dean's and have been very happy.

When you look at my lawn vs. my neighbors that have other services or worse yet do their own, there is no comparison. Mine is hands down better and I owe it to Dean's.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 PM
User's Original Comment

Another vote for Dean's........I've used them for 5 years and have absolutely no complaints. Great service for any problems between treatments.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 AM
User's Original Comment
Sage

Dean's, like most medium-sized companies, is only as good as its techs. Dean's has some really good ones and has had some really bad ones. I'd say this is pretty true of all the local pest control companies. So, they are certainly worth considering.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-10-2013, 06:16 AM
User's Original Comment
Sage

have been very happy with the lawn care including mowing
Old 10-10-2013, 07:54 AM
User's Original Comment

We use Deans and our neighbors comment on how great our lawn looks. You can really see the difference. Haven't had any problems yet, so don't know about their service. We have them do everything - mow, trim, lawn and shrub care and pest.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 AM
User's Original Comment
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
We had a problem with drain flies, and Shellie from Deans located the source for us. It was the tub P-trap in the guest bath that has never been used. Shellie applied an enzyme in the P-trap and left a trap to capture any flies that were out and about. Anyone can spray after the fact but it was nice to see that Dean's trains it's field technicians to locate the source of the problem. Dean's has always been prompt in their response whenever we've called them. They may not be the only game in town but in our opinion they're one of the best for home pest control.

George
What is a "Drain Fly" ???? Any different than a house fly?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
User's Original Comment
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
What is a "Drain Fly" ???? Any different than a house fly?
I'd never heard of drain flies either but if you Google "drain flies" you'll see they're quite common. According to the net, they breed on soap scum in drains. However, in our case, we've never used the tub in the guest bath. So perhaps the water evaporated in the P-trap which allowed them access to the home. They're small like fruit flies. Since that incident, I purchased the same enzyme control used by Deans and before we leave TV I put some in the drains. Just another item to be mindful of.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
User's Original Comment
TOTV SPONSOR

Yep, Gryoung is right, Drain Flies (also called "Moth Flies") develop inside drains when organic matter builds up. You can avoid the need for insecticides by cleaning out your pipes periodically (especially disposals). Here at Deans, we use a product that uses enzymes to naturally reduce the build-up and make the area less hospitable for the flies to breed.

However, sometimes they can breed in areas other than drains, so if you have a hard time targeting their breeding area, feel free to call for some tips!

Last edited by Deans Services; 11-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:03 PM
User's Original Comment
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
I had to cancel Dean's because I asked them to come out and spray for ants, and was told that do not spray for ants if they are outside the home. So I told them that they just entered the home, and they reluctantly came out and sprayed. So make sure you find out if you have ants in the yard, or around the patio, they will come out and spray.
Bikeman, I'm sorry to hear that we parted ways. Especially since we definitely DO cover ants inside and out. I'd love to get more information as to why you were told otherwise (this provision is offered exclusively for Village residents, so I suspect our Representative didn't know you lived in the Villages).

In any event, if you still have an issue, we'd be happy to take care of it at no charge. Just call 787-5300 and ask for Joe T, our Technical Director. Give him the details and he'll get you squared away!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.