Gravel Bed Weeds and Shrub trimming

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2021, 12:13 PM
Default Gravel Bed Weeds and Shrub trimming

I know multiple posts on this but most are dated. Looking for a company that do weed prevention/removal in gravel courtyard villa beds regularly. Also shrub maintenance. Not looking for any diy remedies. Thank you
Old 08-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Good luck, us too...
Old 08-23-2021, 01:33 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Good luck, us too...
If I was in my early 20s I would develop just such a niche business here in The Villages. Just weeding and small tree and shrub trimming. I would of course have to be physically fit and have that 20 year old energy to work the business up from the ground.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:57 PM
DAIII

I have massey (2+ years now) and although not the cheapest. They are reliable. and offer FULL SERVICE, meaning shrub trim & replacements as needed and spray and hand pick weeds. I selected them as this is who the villages uses and heck if it's good enough for them.. good enough for me.

FULL SERVICE is esp good for those snow birds.. as they check sprinklers (they remote turn on- no garage access needed) Aeration for the lawn and green up also.

Plus they work in a uniform.

My neighbors hired a guy in a broke down vehicle and is shirtless- granted I'm sure they charge 1/3 of massey.. but when the going got tough.. they never showed up.
Old 08-23-2021, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIII View Post
I have massey (2+ years now) and although not the cheapest. They are reliable. and offer FULL SERVICE, meaning shrub trim & replacements as needed and spray and hand pick weeds. I selected them as this is who the villages uses and heck if it's good enough for them.. good enough for me.

FULL SERVICE is esp good for those snow birds.. as they check sprinklers (they remote turn on- no garage access needed) Aeration for the lawn and green up also.

Plus they work in a uniform.

My neighbors hired a guy in a broke down vehicle and is shirtless- granted I'm sure they charge 1/3 of massey.. but when the going got tough.. they never showed up.
I partially agree. I have had Massey for several services, but lately, their quality has decreased. I recently fired them for irrigation maintenance because they were spending about 3 minutes and not even observing the operation of all of the sprinklers. And, I had to teach the technician how to operate the controller. I recently hired them for mowing because they said they would mow every week until October. The first month, they mowed once and then didn't come back for 2-1/2 weeks.
Closed Thread

Tags
gravel, shrub, beds, prevention/removal, courtyard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.