Green Isle Gardens

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 10-22-2019, 02:52 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Green Isle Gardens

Green Isle Gardens
Connecting Nature with You

Green Isle Gardens specializes in Florida native plants and wildflowers, with a focus on upland plant species. The nursery has 8 acres under production and features more than 150 species of native plants.

Our plants are grown without using pesticides with the goal of preserving nature, and all its critters, in mind. We encourage the use of pine straw mulch and offer bales for sale.

​In addition to our native plants, we offer landscape design and maintenance services for both private residences and commercial businesses. Please contact us for your contract growing needs.

CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR PROJECTS

Call Today:
407-948-8980

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE

11303 SR 33
Groveland, FL 34736
HOURS
M-F: 9am - 4pm
​Sa: 8am - 2pm
Old 12-19-2019, 01:31 PM

I highly recommend Green Isle Gardens to anyone who wants an attractive no-turf grass native plant landscape. The designs by Kirsten Sharp-Ortega are not only appropriate for our setting, but they also meet our Covenants and Deed Restrictions and are appovable by our ARC. Green Isle Gardens grows many of the native Florida plants which they use in the installations at their 8-acre nursery in Groveland. It is worth the drive to see the facility, talk with the owner, Marc Godts and other helpful staff (Nick and April) to and get familiar with the plants. GIG provided me with a design and delivered the plants (I like to garden and did most of the work myself). They are a full-service installer and will do all of the work if needed. I am very pleased with the plant selection, quality of the plants and have seen their excellent installation work on several other yards here in The Villages.

Ironically the majority of nurseries and installers use exotic ornamentals that are from other regions / parts of the world. University research show that plants native to a region support far more small wildlife (bees, butterflies, birds, etc) than exotics. Native plants are adapted to our planting zone and UF data demonstrates that they use 75% less water than traditional grass-dominated landscapes; After the plants were established, my irrigation water volume was cut by 80%. I no longer use fungicides or systemic insecticides. My use of inorganic fertilizer was also cut dramatically. The increase in the amount of life in the garden is amazing. There are flowers blooming most times of the year. Butterflies utilize the host plants to reproduce and nectar on the flowers. Native bees are coming back and the diversity of birds species has more than doubled. I now enjoy being out in the yard and am very pleased with the result.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:31 PM

I highly recommend Green Isle Gardens to anyone who wants an attractive no-turf grass native plant landscape. The designs by Kirsten Sharp-Ortega are not only appropriate for our setting, but they also meet our Covenants and Deed Restrictions and are appovable by our ARC. Green Isle Gardens grows many of the native Florida plants which they use in the installations at their 8-acre nursery in Groveland. It is worth the drive to see the facility, talk with the owner, Marc Godts and other helpful staff (Nick and April) to and get familiar with the plants. GIG provided me with a design and delivered the plants (I like to garden and did most of the work myself). They are a full-service installer and will do all of the work if needed. I am very pleased with the plant selection, quality of the plants and have seen their excellent installation work on several other yards here in The Villages.

Ironically the majority of nurseries and installers use exotic ornamentals that are from other regions / parts of the world. University research show that plants native to a region support far more small wildlife (bees, butterflies, birds, etc) than exotics. Native plants are adapted to our planting zone and UF data demonstrates that they use 75% less water than traditional grass-dominated landscapes; After the plants were established, my irrigation water volume was cut by 80%. I no longer use fungicides or systemic insecticides. My use of inorganic fertilizer was also cut dramatically. The increase in the amount of life in the garden is amazing. There are flowers blooming most times of the year. Butterflies utilize the host plants to reproduce and nectar on the flowers. Native bees are coming back and the diversity of birds species has more than doubled. I now enjoy being out in the yard and am very pleased with the result.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:39 PM

Kirsten Sharp-Ortega of Green Isle Gardens provided the landscape & habitat design for my yard in 2018. Green Isle Gardens took care of everything needed for installation (I got the ARC approval) - but GIG took care of notice to utilities, etc. The workers who installed the over 35 different plants, shrubs, trees, did a great job! The plants were the best quality. For the first year, I used Green Isle for help with maintenance. When I had questions about the plants, and emailed, sometimes with photos, I got prompt responses. I could not ask for better service! Now a little more than a year later, my yard, my life is filled with wonderful Florida Natives - birds, butterflies, colorful flowering plants all year! I so enjoy being in my Florida yard - thanks to Green Isle Gardens. I can highly recommend them.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:12 PM

Green Isle helped plan and plant my side and backyard with native plants and I cant thank Kirsten, the designer, enough! Not only is it beautiful to look at, but filled with butterflies, birds, and bees. I love it!!! Lynn Robinson
Old 11-20-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad poster View Post
Green Isle Gardens
Connecting Nature with You

Green Isle Gardens specializes in Florida native plants and wildflowers, with a focus on upland plant species. The nursery has 8 acres under production and features more than 150 species of native plants.

Our plants are grown without using pesticides with the goal of preserving nature, and all its critters, in mind. We encourage the use of pine straw mulch and offer bales for sale.

​In addition to our native plants, we offer landscape design and maintenance services for both private residences and commercial businesses. Please contact us for your contract growing needs.

CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR PROJECTS

Call Today:
407-948-8980

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE

11303 SR 33
Groveland, FL 34736
HOURS
M-F: 9am - 4pm
​Sa: 8am - 2pm
A fabulous native nursery employing helpful and knowledgeable staff. Healthy plants, grown without pesticides.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:44 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Does your business do all of the work necessary to get the approval of the Villages Architectural Review Board when necessary?

Tags
gardens, green, isle, native, plants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.