Mansfield Landscaping LLC

Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Platinum member

Lot of low number approval,postings. Want my business , speak to me in a respectful way. As a previous poster said it isn't rocket science. Plenty of sample layouts to copy and use.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninFlorida View Post
Approximately four months ago I hired Mansfield Landscaping to work on my backyard, including laying sod.

After the work was completed, a lady stopped by to pick up the final payment. I mentioned to her that
that the sod looked dead, and very uneven in places. She told me to water the lawn every day and soon it would improve.

After approximately five weeks, the sod was indeed dead and numerous bald stops started appearing.
I called Mansfield and informed the owner. I attempted to contact Mansfield and left numerous messages.

Eventually, he did return my call, but it was the same story, continue watering, which of course, would not work as the sod was already dead. Finally a worker was sent to my home. This man was was extremely unprofessional and rude.

This man did not even look at the sod and had the audacity to inform me that if I did not have a guarantee in writing, nothing could or would be done. He turned around and left.

Since then, I have made numerous attempts to reach Mansfield Landscaping to no avail.

It is now obvious that I must pay a reliable landscaper to fix Manfield landscaping's work.

Am I to assume that none of his work is guaranteed in writing ? Or is it only the sod work.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Mansfield just finished our landscaping project. He was the first contractor we visited and spoke to Steve. He asked pointed questions and we learned we were not ready, which we appreciated. We then did some homework and had (4) other contractors come to our home and give us estimates. We then went back to Steve, much more prepared, and choose Mansfield. We made our decision based on no money down, ability to visit nursery to pick plants, and after meeting with the other contractors the price was right and we just trusted him. Job was completed as discussed and agreed upon, crew was responsive to minor changes and "issues", and Steve came by at completion to review and ensure we were satisfied. We were!
Old 06-01-2016, 01:54 PM

Very satisfied with the job by Steve and his crew: design concept through execution, cleanup and followup. We added stacked walls, trees, shrubs and smaller plants, boulders and new rock. Everything looks great and the crew were great to work with, including irrigation and lighting. Would definitely recommend.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Thumbs down Poor Service, Does Not Stand Behind His Work

Approximately four months ago I hired Mansfield Landscaping to work on my backyard, including laying sod.

After the work was completed, a lady stopped by to pick up the final payment. I mentioned to her that
that the sod looked dead, and very uneven in places. She told me to water the lawn every day and soon it would improve.

After approximately five weeks, the sod was indeed dead and numerous bald stops started appearing.
I called Mansfield and informed the owner. I attempted to contact Mansfield and left numerous messages.

Eventually, he did return my call, but it was the same story, continue watering, which of course, would not work as the sod was already dead. Finally a worker was sent to my home. This man was was extremely unprofessional and rude.

This man did not even look at the sod and had the audacity to inform me that if I did not have a guarantee in writing, nothing could or would be done. He turned around and left.

Since then, I have made numerous attempts to reach Mansfield Landscaping to no avail.

It is now obvious that I must pay a reliable landscaper to fix Manfield landscaping's work.

Last edited by JohninFlorida; 05-30-2016 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 05-17-2016, 10:29 AM

Mansfield did our landscaping in the back and both sides after a pool was put in. It looks fabulous and when they say they will show up---they do! Steve is a fast talker and you do have to slow him down occasionally to make sure you understand what is being done, but he is quick to get the job done and done well. I had an idea of what I wanted and he improved my plan. He added a small 3 plant area that wasn't included in the original plan and didn't charge additional. Also, he and the team worked with me to delay a section of rock because of a gas line that was delayed. The Mansfield crew were professional, hard working, and very nice! The crew cleaned up each day. His price was competitive. Nothing was paid until the job was done and it is pretty easy to extend your warranty to a year by just posting online.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Default Landscaping Renovation

We met with Steve to develop a plan for our home using a different approach as to plants, color scheme and style. Steve worked out a draft plan and after we discussed it and reviewed plants at his nursery, we came up with something different that worked for us. We are very pleased with the end result and the quality of work provided. Steve dared to be different and it was a win/win for all. The crew was great and the work done on time and within budget. Thank you Steve and the whole team at Mansfield.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Same experience here.
Again, he's a contractor not a car salesman.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Who said go with the first contractor ? Didn't he say get estimates from others first before he came in ??? Seems reasonable and a very smart thing to do for the homeowner and smart for him also. He's a contractor, not known to have pleasing personalities. Good work speaks for itself, he knows it. If you want to go with an empty suit with a smile, be my guest.
Not sure why you have to argue with everything, especially since you aren't even really involved in this. Not sure what you mean by an empty suit. Plenty of other reputable landscapers here in The Villages without having to put up with him. And yes, I have first hand knowledge. If the first contractor tells you they won't come out unless you sign right away, or unless they are the last, well...you make the call. I'm sure he does great work, but so do plenty of others without the nonsense.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I dealt with them when (attempting) to ask them to get an estimate for my landscaping project for my yard. I've never been talked to in such a condescending manner by anyone. I need a landscaping project done. This is not rocket science. I went with another company. Landscape block is landscape block, and plants are plants.
Same experience here.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
His work looks like most if not all the other landscaping projects that are in 80-90% of the yards here. Block walls, stone, rock and palms. Add a little uplighting, and voila, you have the typical landscaped yard. Again, it's not rocket science. You wanna go with the first contractor, knock yourself out.
Who said go with the first contractor ? Didn't he say get estimates from others first before he came in ??? Seems reasonable and a very smart thing to do for the homeowner and smart for him also. He's a contractor, not known to have pleasing personalities. Good work speaks for itself, he knows it. If you want to go with an empty suit with a smile, be my guest.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Since Mansfield is an advertiser on TOTV and he hasn't asked to have the negative posts removed ( I'm sure he has seen them ), that makes him a pretty confident guy. Shows to me he knows his sh-t and doesn't care what some people think. I don't know the guy but I've seen his work, impressive to say the least.
His work looks like most if not all the other landscaping projects that are in 80-90% of the yards here. Block walls, stone, rock and palms. Add a little uplighting, and voila, you have the typical landscaped yard. Again, it's not rocket science. You wanna go with the first contractor, knock yourself out.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Since Mansfield is an advertiser on TOTV and he hasn't asked to have the negative posts removed ( I'm sure he has seen them ), that makes him a pretty confident guy. Shows to me he knows his sh-t and doesn't care what some people think. I don't know the guy but I've seen his work, impressive to say the least.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
He won't even show up unless it is a huge job. He tells you to take pictures of your home and he will design your job from the photos!
Also told me the same thing. Gave me a quote (roughly) sight unseen. When he found out I would be getting other estimates, he said he would not send his estimator out until I had gotten all the other estimates. I have (had) no desire to consider his services any further after that. Im sure in an ideal world, he would like to be the only landscaper, but in reality, people should always get more than one estimate for a project of that size. He told me he makes plenty of money...good for him.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I dealt with them when (attempting) to ask them to get an estimate for my landscaping project for my yard. I've never been talked to in such a condescending manner by anyone. I need a landscaping project done. This is not rocket science. I went with another company. Landscape block is landscape block, and plants are plants.
He won't even show up unless it is a huge job. He tells you to take pictures of your home and he will design your job from the photos!

Tags
llc, landscaping, mansfield

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.