McGowan Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2015, 10:31 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to msm1948
Default McGowan Landscaping

I did not use these landscapers. However, they parked their trucks across the steet from my house and I could not get out of my driveway. I asked them to move it so I could get out of my driveway without running over my lawn. They were very rude and told me they were not going to move the trucks. I called Community Watch and they came and told them to move the trucks in 5 minutes or they were going to call the Sheriff. They moved the trucks almost immediately. Don't use these guys. They are rude and don't care if they block you in.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm1948 View Post
I did not use these landscapers. However, they parked their trucks across the steet from my house and I could not get out of my driveway. I asked them to move it so I could get out of my driveway without running over my lawn. They were very rude and told me they were not going to move the trucks. I called Community Watch and they came and told them to move the trucks in 5 minutes or they were going to call the Sheriff. They moved the trucks almost immediately. Don't use these guys. They are rude and don't care if they block you in.
We have used McGowan's landscaping for several jobs and have found them very professional, courteous, and honest. Many of my neighbors have also used them and all have nothing but good things to say about their work the people they have working for them. I would not hesitate to recommend them!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:19 PM
KittyKat

The McGowan's are very nice people. I would call them and let them know what happened, what day and what your address is so they can find which crew this was & discuss the incident. Our streets are narrow so it makes it hard for crews to park but no one should park directly across from someone's driveway--accidents have happened.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

That just doesn't sound like their normal crews. I've talked to most landscaping crews in TV. I've found McGowan's to have some of the nicest guys. They do try hard to be accommodating to the neighbors. I would definitely talk to the office and let them know this happened. They can't fix an issue if not aware of the problem.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-01-2015, 07:48 AM

Horrible behavior! I posted a similar incident with construction crews working next door to me last summer. Honestly it was a nightmare. I never even posted the part whereby they parked all the equipment in front of our yard & not actually where they were working. They ran the generator in front of our windows, had equipment piled in our yard, ie: buckets, coolers & shovels...would u believe! I've never seen such rude & ignorant behaviors in my life!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Michiganders View Post
We have used McGowan's landscaping for several jobs and have found them very professional, courteous, and honest. Many of my neighbors have also used them and all have nothing but good things to say about their work the people they have working for them. I would not hesitate to recommend them!

I agree 100%. They are an excellent company.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage
Default Highly recommend

We have used McGowans Landscaping several times. They have always been very kind and courteous. Always have gone out of their way to make sure we were pleased with everything. Everyone has a bad day now and then. Give them a break.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We and several neighbors have used McGowan for several years. Totally courteous and reliable. Have never seen anything like the behavior described by OP.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:52 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Horrible behavior! I posted a similar incident with construction crews working next door to me last summer. Honestly it was a nightmare. I never even posted the part whereby they parked all the equipment in front of our yard & not actually where they were working. They ran the generator in front of our windows, had equipment piled in our yard, ie: buckets, coolers & shovels...would u believe! I've never seen such rude & ignorant behaviors in my life!
Does not apply here. Different company
Old 02-01-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Michiganders View Post
We also used McGowan's and were very happy with them. We would highly recommend them.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
You should name the company , or clearly indicate that this post doesn't refer to McGowan. Sorry to be critical, but our posts do have impacts and sometimes unintended consequences.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:23 AM

We have used McGowan's on several occasions and have found them nothing less than professional, courteous and polite. I would highly recommend them for any landscaping job. On the other hand, Mansfield Landscaping has been a nightmare in our neighborhood. Very sloppy job sites, stone and dirt all over the road and they rarely have cleaned up after themselves. A job that was just completed 2 weeks ago included a paved driveway and the red dust and dirt was left in the road and when it rained our street gutters were filled with red mud and 3 of our neighbors had to clean out the end of their drives so they wouldn't track in the red mud onto their new paved driveways.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
You should name the company , or clearly indicate that this post doesn't refer to McGowan. Sorry to be critical, but our posts do have impacts and sometimes unintended consequences.
Well said, Challenger.

I am an avid reader and poster of this forum and only have a very positive opinion of McGowan Landscaping.

I cannot imagine any contractor who regularly works here defying a simple request such as the OP posed. We must be missing something.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Sage

We've used McGowan exclusively for landscaping. Sabrina and Patrick McGowan are two of the nicest people you could ask to meet. Their crews are respectful and polite in all our experiences with them. I would recommend them without hesitation.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We've used McGowan exclusively for landscaping. Sabrina and Patrick McGowan are two of the nicest people you could ask to meet. Their crews are respectful and polite in all our experiences with them. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Agree 100%.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.