Remove a palm tree and move a magnolia

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Remove a palm tree and move a magnolia

I have a very tall Queen Palm in front of the house that I am buying. The builder has planted a ten foot all magnolia in back of the house about ten feet from the slab. I'd like the palm tree removed and the magnolia transplanted in it's place. Can anyone recommend a contractor that can give me a price on doing this?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Platinum member

Village palm?
Old 07-15-2015, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Village palm?
Thanks. I contacted them this morning.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Thanks. I contacted them this morning.
Be sure to ask about what the plans are for the stump. We had a contractor stop by recently who wanted to take down our really tall palm for $200. I questioned him about the stump and turned out he was going to leave the stump in. Said he would call a friend of his who could grind the stump for $75.
We ideally wanted our stump dug out. I'd be interested to know if they dig it out or grind it.
Closed Thread

Tags
palm, magnolia, house, ten, tree, place, transplanted, removed, contractor, price, slab, give, recommend, feet, move, buying, front, queen, builder, back, tall, foot, planted, remove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.