Ron's Landscaping Inc.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Default Queen Palms

Can the queen palms be protected by wrapping the trunks with something like duct insulation??
Old 01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Default "turn your irrigation off" by ron's landscaping inc.

This is the time of the year we may have a hard frost or freeze and I have noticed that many of the yards here in the Villages got hit really hard in past years, but they would not look that bad if you do a couple of things that I am about to tell you. When you here that there is a chance of a hard frost or freeze "TURN YOUR IRRIGATION OFF" Let me explain, say there is going to be a frost or freeze tomorrow night. Turn "ON" your irrigation tonight and let it run through the entire cycle this will put moisture into the ground, this is what you need to retain some of the heat in the ground. Then turn your irrigation "OFF" tomorrow and keep it off until the freeze is over. Our cold spells usually last 3-days so leave it off until it has passed then turn it back on. You still have to cover your sensitive plants but there will be less damage to your landscape if you do this. If your irrigation runs during a frost or freeze it will ice everything up and do serious damage to the plants tissue. I know some of you are thinking I notice on t.v. the farmers turn on there irrigation when it freezes down here to ice up the crops. The reason the strawberry farmers do this is to try to save the berry which can tolerate iceing for a period of time. And the orange growers do it mainly to save the tree, if the tree gets a coating of ice on it then the tree has a chance of no damage to the wood on the tree, and the oranges can still be saved if it does't stay below freezing for to many hours. When covering your plants "DO NOT" put plastic over them, it will kill the plants. Use old sheets or quilt's or even better yet a cardboard box if it's big enough, then take it off during the day so sun can get to the plant and then cover it up at night again until the freeze has passed. I have noticed some real bad damage to the Queen Palms here in the Villages, and alot of that damage is from the freeze we had in 2010 that is just now showing up. I have seen it happen 3-times here in this area, I can remember not seeing a Queen Palm alive until you got south of Tampa Florida. I tell all our customers they are taking a chance planting Queens here, we are really to far north here for them. If you notice you will not see a Queen Palm planted anywhere on the Villages common grounds because they know they will get hurt bad from a hard freeze. If you go on our web site at Rons Landscaping Inc and click on trees I will post a picture of what the damage on Queen Palms looks like, just give me a few days to take a picture and put it on the site. You can also just click on our ad at the top of this page which rotates each time the page is changed, that will take you to our site also. The water that is inside the tree freezes and damages the wood inside the tree which causes it to rot from the inside out, I hope this article will help some of you, thanks again for all of your business.

Thank You
Ron
Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

We used Ron for out landscaping on Mayflower Loop. I plan more this Spring and I will call him again. He and his crew are professional, speak English, and Ron himself knows more about Palm Trees and other plants than anyone I have spoken with.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Veteran member

Ron just finished our yard in the Village of Charlotte. We are extreemly pleased. Ron and his crew are true professionals. I would not have anyone else. This guy knows more about plants and palm trees than anyone I talked to before we had the work done.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Ron also did our landscaping. His philosphy of "less is more" is what my husband and I wanted for the landscaping in front of our home. We selected several low stone walls for accent and a complimentary stone cover. Easy maintenance. Ron and his crew were prompt, courteous, and did a great job. One of our Sabal Plams died and he quickly replaced it at no cost to us. We would recommend Ron to one and all. By the way Ron is a Villager himself.

Last edited by Flower; 09-04-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

great pictures
Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Default Ron's Landscaping has worked well for us.

Ron’s Landscaping has been one of our better decisions for contractors in Florida. We met him by seeing his work at one of our neighbor’s and was impressed with his design and workmanship.
We used Ron’s for several reasons; he is a Villager himself, bonded, insured and he helped in our design for both our original house we purchased in ’07 and now with our house we purchased a year ago.
He plants only quality trees and plants. Ron and his people are professional; yet they create a very personal atmosphere to work with. Presently he will be doing a third job for us and that is to landscape around our new addition. Ron has us on his November schedule. My wife and I commute up north and back and have had no thoughts to where Ron and his company would not complete the job in a timely manner, and within budget.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 PM

We also used Ron's Landscaping. After talking with many different landscapers in TV, driving around when we came down, we decided to use Ron - he was very helpful with choices of plants and trees that would flourish in the climate. He recommended many trees and plants to use and NOT use based on our likes and dislikes.

Even more impressive, he worked to juggle his schedule to accomodate the time we were in TV so we could see our finished product! Better still, when something came up that I wasn't completely happy with, he worked with us to make it great.

His workers were hard working, polite, and very neat. We are very pleased and can't wait to come back to see our landscaping in person!

If I attached the pictures correctly the first one you see is our before shot - the 2nd is our finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	392.7 KB
ID:	3928   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	457.3 KB
ID:	3929  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac007 View Post
I have heard they are good.. Do they do everything including waterfalls?
Yes we do waterfeatures of all kinds, go on our web-site at www.ronslandscapinginc.com and click on photos, there you will see pictures of projects that we have done here in the Villages. Everything that you see on our web-site is right here in the Villages. I would like to thank maybavillager for there original post it is very much appreciated, and all the other Villagers that have made post for us in the past, from one Villager to another thanks for all your support.

Last edited by Rons Landscaping; 08-04-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: adding web-site info
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayBavillager View Post
We just had our home landscaped by Ron's and are completely satisfied. He was always courteous and prompt and held true to his quote. He is professional and does quality work and supplies quality trees and plants. We found him just by riding around looking at landscapes and saw one of his signs on a lawn we liked and decided to call him up. He is extremely knowledgeable about palm trees, as we are from the North and did not know a single thing about them. He helped us pick what we wanted and told us what not to have included, as they would not flourish in this environment. We have had compliments from neighbors who have the same palm and they have told us our trees are the best in the neighborhood. We felt at ease knowing he is a Village resident and has Liability insurance and workmans comp, which is always a plus.
I have heard they are good.. Do they do everything including waterfalls?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Default Ron's Landscaping Inc

We just had our home landscaped by Ron's and are completely satisfied. He was always courteous and prompt and held true to his quote. He is professional and does quality work and supplies quality trees and plants. We found him just by riding around looking at landscapes and saw one of his signs on a lawn we liked and decided to call him up. He is extremely knowledgeable about palm trees, as we are from the North and did not know a single thing about them. He helped us pick what we wanted and told us what not to have included, as they would not flourish in this environment. We have had compliments from neighbors who have the same palm and they have told us our trees are the best in the neighborhood. We felt at ease knowing he is a Village resident and has Liability insurance and workmans comp, which is always a plus.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.