service smart problems

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2015, 08:31 AM

I went with Service Smart for weeding and shrub/tree trimming back in March. So far, they have come on the schedule they set out, and I have virtually no weeds, and the shrubs/trees look great. I am dealing with one sales person and he is great. I also met the supervisor, who has come out to check on the services. I was initially worried after seeing all the negative comments, which is why I only went with the two services. Since then, I signed up for termite control (since my contract with Massey was up). They came out when they said they would, they did what they had to do, and here's hoping it works. They were less expensive than Massey would have been because I have other services with them. And I like the people. I will probably keep Massey for insect and irrigation, but I'm going with Service Smart for lawn care. Massey's lawn care people haven't gotten rid of my weeds and I have sod web worms that turn into moths, and they can't seem to get rid of them either.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:35 AM
Platinum member
Default termite service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhiggi View Post
I went with Service Smart for weeding and shrub/tree trimming back in March. So far, they have come on the schedule they set out, and I have virtually no weeds, and the shrubs/trees look great. I am dealing with one sales person and he is great. I also met the supervisor, who has come out to check on the services. I was initially worried after seeing all the negative comments, which is why I only went with the two services. Since then, I signed up for termite control (since my contract with Massey was up). They came out when they said they would, they did what they had to do, and here's hoping it works. They were less expensive than Massey would have been because I have other services with them. And I like the people. I will probably keep Massey for insect and irrigation, but I'm going with Service Smart for lawn care. Massey's lawn care people haven't gotten rid of my weeds and I have sod web worms that turn into moths, and they can't seem to get rid of them either.
I would be interested in knowing what they did for you as a termite service, and if they used chemicals, which termite chemical. Also the price of your bond and your renewal fee for next year. Your first post and so glowing for SS.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:08 PM

We've got Service Smart and can't wait until our contract runs out in Nov. Our lawn looks so bad, we have neighbors complaining. I keep calling Service Smart, but with no luck. Just don't have a clue to go with in Nov. Anyway know of a lawn cutting service that is outstanding? Or is that asking for too much???
Old 08-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Platinum member

Fertigator has been good for us so far. Had them about a month.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:56 PM

Call Terrell Caruthers (352-617-2968), Terrell's Lawn Care; 7 of my neighbors & I have him do our lawns. Now he cuts weekly & in the winter every other week. Pay monthly & for a cottage lot charges $40.00; he is VERY DEPENDABLE.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:33 AM
Default Service smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortman118;1028***
We had stellar and absolutely loved them. As soon as they merged with service smart we have had continuous problems, billing issues, lawn issues and calls to the office yield no or dismal results.
Total unethical company.....RUN from them
Old 09-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Platinum member
Default Make sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnybugs View Post
We've got Service Smart and can't wait until our contract runs out in Nov. Our lawn looks so bad, we have neighbors complaining. I keep calling Service Smart, but with no luck. Just don't have a clue to go with in Nov. Anyway know of a lawn cutting service that is outstanding? Or is that asking for too much???
When your year is coming up make darn sure they are aware and confirm you are ending service with them.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:06 AM

I use Service Smart and have not been happy. I paid a year in advance and will not do that again. Looking to change.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:07 PM

we changed recently, actually 8 people on our street changed lawn services. we are now using: FALCON LAWN & PEST GLENN 352-461-3399
this company is from Orlando and in business since 1969 and full service:
lawn and trimming/fertilization/pest/termites
rumor has it: Service Smart will be leaving The Villages.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:41 PM

I would bet Service Smart will not be leaving The Villages, only changing their companies bad name so that they can start attracting "victims" once again! Do your homework next time by checking the BBB website on a business, do a search here on totv for feedback and certainly never pay a year in advance to ANY lawn company again.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&Lsunfun View Post
we changed recently, actually 8 people on our street changed lawn services. we are now using: FALCON LAWN & PEST GLENN 352-461-3399. this company is from Orlando and in business since 1969 and full service: lawn and trimming/fertilization/pest/termites
We have been using Falcon since May and really like them.
They're a full service company and we pay monthly!
Old 11-15-2015, 12:33 PM

I signed a one year contract with Stellar on a Saturday. Monday Service Smart showed up. Had to fight with them almost every time I wanted something done other than them spraying my lawn for pests. Even had one occasion when one of their techs argued with me about the last time they had fertilized my lawn telling me he just did it a week ago and he could see the fertilizer in the grass. I reminded him that they SPRAY a liquid fertilizer and the reason he saw it in the grass was because I had spread a granular fertilizer the week before with my own spreader. Run, don't walk away from this outfit.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:27 PM

HAVE service smart. They miss cutting my lawn and I have to call. Miss cutting my plants I have to call, miss weeding I have to call. And every time I call I am told. Sorry will do it tomorrow some times they come. Sometimes I need to call several times. When contract is up I will leave that company in the wind.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Default service smart

THE PERSON WHO RAN STELLAR INTO THE GROUND HE IS NOW RUNNING SERVICE SMART, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN THEY ARE A TRRRIBLE COMPANY
Old 11-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Default Service Dumb

OverCharged my credit card for an annual renewal and when I called they had no record of my renewal. That was back in July and they still haven't returned my money despite numerous phone calls. My credit card company is also having trouble contacting them. STAY AWAY!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.