Service Smart unethical ?

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts
Default Service Smart unethical ?

Yesterday afternoon the doorbell rings. It is a technician with a Service Smart uniform driving a Service Smart truck. He was not my regular technician (at least I did not recognize him). He performed no service yesterday. Had a clip board in his hand with my monthly bill. Says to me we are trying to clear our books for the year could you please pay this bill now. I said did I miss a payment? He say no just trying to clear the books. I said why would I do this? Send me the bill like you always do. I don't have time to check this out now. He stares me down and walks back to the truck - nothing more said. What reliable company would do something like this? My interpretation is where's my holiday gift. Is this acceptable behavior around these parts?
Old 12-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Search Service smart on this forum, they do not have a good reputation.

Just an aside, all of the complaints I have seen involve YEARLY contracts PAID IN ADVANCE, your post implies that you are paying monthly. Not that I would ever use them, but do they now have a monthly plan?
Old 12-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Gold member

Wow, where have you been and why are still dealing with SS. Unethical is the least of the complaints you'll find here on TOTV.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 12-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Search Service smart on this forum, they do not have a good reputation.

Just an aside, all of the complaints I have seen involve YEARLY contracts PAID IN ADVANCE, your post implies that you are paying monthly. Not that I would ever use them, but do they now have a monthly plan?
When my yearly contract was up I told them I would not renew to another yearly contract - issues with service but I would give them a second chance. They agreed to bill me monthly or I was walking. Issues got better but service never as good as it was when it was Stellar.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Rustyp,
Good for you on pressuring them for monthly contract, at least you will not get as severely burnt as others have.
VT
Old 12-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Platinum member

I hope you dump Service Smart ASAP. The unethical behavior displayed yesterday at your doorstep just proves once again how truly pathetic this company is. There are other companies out there who do a much, much better job. Why settle for terrible service with dishonest people?
Old 12-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I hope all the other lawn service companies that read the comments on TOTV take notice of the negativity toward SS and would increase/keep their customer service up the standard we prefer.

With that said, I have nothing but great things to say about Dave Cross and the people at Fertigator. They really brought our lawn back to life since I got here in May.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:05 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

It is possible this is some sort of scam. There have been warnings put out by The Villages and in local new media over utility bill collectors posing as representatives of the water, trash and sewer utilities in The Villages going door-to-door to collect "bills". The Villages warns that these are not Villages employees. It could be that with the warnings about utility bill collection scams, the bad boys 'n girls have shifted their focus to other service ibusinesses in The Villages - like landscapers. I don't know this for sure but I sure never heard of SS collecting bills door-to-door.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Platinum member

If I were a scammer ( which I am not) I would for sure choose a Service Smart outfit. A wolf in wolves clothing!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Platinum member

Sounds like a company needing cash flow.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Cash flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Sounds like a company needing cash flow.
If this guy was legitimate and representing Service Smart, it could be a serious cash flow problem and they could soon be closing their doors.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
If this guy was legitimate and representing Service Smart, it could be a serious cash flow problem and they could soon be closing their doors.
Let's hope so. The company should have been shut down the minute it opened and scammed good people who work hard for their money!
Old 03-02-2016, 08:40 PM

hometown lawn service is just as bad.I've fired both companies,took a beating, so now I do my own,looks better than any lawn service can provide.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:16 AM

S.s. Is the worst lawn company i ever had, very rude people in the officewhen you call up " where is my lawnmen this week or anything else, laugh and say they will come soon and hang up. It was get to tell them when kept calling or sales person came to house, please sign up another year, i hung or did not answer door. Do not hire s.s.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:20 AM

Whatever you do do not hire s.s. For anything and tell your friends
Closed Thread

Tags
service, bill, smart, clear, books, technician, truck, yesterday, stares, walks, check, unethical, send, afternoon, time, back, acceptable, gift, holiday, behavior, parts, interpretation, reliable, company, payment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.