Service Smart unethical ?

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Platinum member

Company trying create cash flow to meet their monthly bills.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:17 AM

They have had MANY cancellations in the last couple of years. I'd suspect their deck of cards might finally be falling. If I was a s.s. customer right now (which I was in a distant nightmare) I would be cancelling my contract and trying to get any money back that I could. If they do go bankrupt we all know everyone associated with them will be SOL
Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 PM

Service Smart is the worst company ever. They should not be in business, non-responsive, unethical, and not customer oriented at all. It has cost us a lot of money due to the fact we were not aware of how awful this company is. NEVER PAY FOR ANY SERVICE IN ADVANCE, because they do not refund.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Gold member

I was turned off by the fact that they are spray painting their customers lawns that weird shade of "not at all natural" green.

The stunt at the doorbell is a death wish here where no one pays for service in advance!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:17 AM

I have to say that I have read these negative remarks for a long time but I have had pretty good service from them for many years (since they were Once A Year). My yard looks good and they are very responsive when we call for yard work or for insect problems.
They put the "green paint" down with fertilizer to see that they don't miss any areas. Now ten days later it is not apparent and lawn looks great.
I send in a check monthly and have no billing problem.
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have no problems that can't be fixed by a phone call.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Good Reason

Good reason to call Seniors vs Crime before signing with a Company in
the Villages. You will get feed back if they have have bad reputation.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Platinum member
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
I was turned off by the fact that they are spray painting their customers lawns that weird shade of "not at all natural" green.

The stunt at the doorbell is a death wish here where no one pays for service in advance!
If they were using a true lawn spray indicator it would disappear in 3 or 4 days and would not look like they painted it on. They may be covering up,poorly treated yards with the green look.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Default Service Smart = Service NOT

I used Stellar and they were good. But when they "merged" with Service Smart last year things went south fast. The owner sent me an apology for the poor service and offered me a $2oo.oo discount to renew my fertilization, weeding and trimming yearly contract. Figured I'd give them another chance. BAD IDEA! They trimmed and weeded sporadically and the workers had little idea of what they were doing. Some months later I realized they hadn't been fertilizing. When I contacted them they claimed I didn't have that service even though I had paid for it and they actually did it one more time after the renewal. I said that was enough and wanted a refund of my unused fees. Took me over a month to receive it even after I paid a visit to their office (a real sweat shop I might add) to ask for it in person. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SLEEZY COMPANY.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, bill, smart, clear, books, technician, truck, yesterday, stares, walks, check, unethical, send, afternoon, time, back, acceptable, gift, holiday, behavior, parts, interpretation, reliable, company, payment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.