Above normal temps one week then frost the next week

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Default Above normal temps one week then frost the next week

Periodically i will make a post here on T.O.T.V. to answer someones questions or concerns about there landscaping project, or give recommendations on what to do with their plants or trees. Recently i was asked by one of our customers, when should i trim my plants and bushes? Around 2 weeks ago the weather was above normal here for this time of year, and then the temperature dropped into the 30's a few days later and caused some damage to our plants and bushes here in The Villages. Don't be so quick to cut them back as this may hurt them even more. Once you trim back your plants the new growth that is produced is very tender, and if we have another frost or freeze it will hurt your plants even more. I tell all of our customers to wait until the first week of March before you trim back your plants and bushes. We are usually safe by then from anymore frost or freezes. I would also like to take this time to thank all of our past and present landscaping customers for their very nice post here on T.O.T.V. it is very much appreciated.
Thank You;

Tags
plants, trim, customers, bushes, frost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.