Acid soil loving plants

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2019, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Are you serious? Can you grow plumeria in TV? What kind of plumeria? What type of attention does it need? That would be my dream.

There are many varieties of Plumeria but they are all pretty much the same, save for the color. There are some varieties, however, which are deciduous.

They are acid loving and should be lightly fertilized about once a month. In general, they are pretty much carefree but don't forget in nature, they are tropical and must be protected from the cold.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

As well as the plants already mentioned, Acers do well in acid soil.
Will survive cold, but not to keen on direct sun or windy spots.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:01 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Are you serious? Can you grow plumeria in TV? What kind of plumeria? What type of attention does it need? That would be my dream.
The plumeria in my yard was there when we bought the house and was pretty large. Winter of 2017 had some pretty hard frosts and we thought we had lost it but my husband cut it down to within a foot of the ground and it bloomed beautifully this year and is back to about 5 ft tall. I don't know what kind it is and we give it no special care.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

OP, your other option is to contact master gardener (look in the daily sun for meeting tomes) they meet 3 or 4 times (week or month) in the villages, and ask about Florida friendly plants. A Google search on Florida friendly plants will probably give you similar information. Then pick the plants that you like.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:37 AM

Zone 9A (this zone) is very unique , as is the "soil" in your Villages yard. Anyone you talk with should be talking about your pH and what our winter's lowest temp is on the average and on 10, 25 , 50 and 100 year cycles. What grows here is science based on facts. ii
Closed Thread

Tags
acid, loving, plants, slowly, soil

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.