Agave plant sales ???

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2023, 06:54 AM
Default Agave plant sales ???

Looking for local nursery who has a large selection of different varieties of Agaves and Succulents for sale , willing to drive from The Villages up to 50 miles
Old 01-10-2023, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,108 Times in 2,235 Posts

Be careful what you wish for, we got a couple of agave plants from a neighbor. First they tend to SPREAD through their roots, you will be constantly cutting off or digging up new plants. Second they grow and need trimming, and those spikes hurt a lot! Third, you will have a lots of trouble getting rid of them when you get tired of the maintenance. Been there done that will not do that again.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:32 PM
Veteran member

Google "A Natural Farm".

Probably the biggest farm for fun things to grow like exotic plants, fruit trees, berry bushes, etc in Central Florida, if not all of Florida. It's a 25-45 mins drive depending on what part of TV you're in.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:23 AM
Default Thanks for the wise advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Be careful what you wish for, we got a couple of agave plants from a neighbor. First they tend to SPREAD through their roots, you will be constantly cutting off or digging up new plants. Second they grow and need trimming, and those spikes hurt a lot! Third, you will have a lots of trouble getting rid of them when you get tired of the maintenance. Been there done that will not do that again.
Thank you for the wise thoughts of experience, another thing to consider as I do my research
Old 01-18-2023, 01:41 PM

No retailers left with what I call "large varieties" of different succulents and cacti. I have been hoarding some less common stuff myself to use on a Southwest style landscape I may or may not design in the future. Call me at 352 303 8610 and we can talk about what you would like to find. Like palms, there is a large amount "available" that would not live (or do well) through our average winter.
Yes many will be invasive of a sorts, but there are planting methods of containment that can turn the "problem" into a plus.
Closed Thread

Tags
agave, villages, drive, sale, succulents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.