Bad Landscape Repair

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2020, 03:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Terrascape | Nursery and Landscaping for The Villages, Florida

Terrascape on the west side of US 301 just south of Rainey Trail, north of Wildwood. They have their own 10 acre nursery. In 2011 when my CYV was new I had them remove the pine straw, put down weed block, move the holly tree to the back and replace with a palm tree and add 10 tons of copper rock, cost $2500. In 2013 I tried another company who build a retaining wall and added two large palms and several new shrubs and redid the irrigation.

It looked good for about five years but in the past year or so the retaining wall started falling apart, some of the plants were dying and the sylvester palm wasn't looking good. I called the company that did that landscaping about the Sylvester Palm and they didn't want to hear about it. I went back to Terrascape and they came and repaired the retaining palm, trimmed about 10' down on the palm, added about 20 new shrubs and removed the dead, redid the irrigation, and replaced all the rocks. They sent 4 guys who worked all day and it came to $1900.

The Villages Florida

Here's how it looked two months ago when Terrascape was finished

The Villages Florida
Isn’t that their store.?
Old 04-14-2020, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
And that’s relevant to their post because ?
I wondered the same thing.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:38 PM

Did I misunderstand ;you to say this was your front yard?
Old 05-03-2020, 06:14 PM
Veteran member

Can’t even find that company, tried putting it in map quest, no luck
Old 05-03-2020, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom View Post
Did I misunderstand ;you to say this was your front yard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1
Can’t even find that company, tried putting it in map quest, no luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom
I am just curious why you didn't use Terrascape and tried someone new?
My original reply on this thread was Dec 17, since then the link to the photo of my front yard is no longer good, so if you noticed at the bottom of my old post there's a little box instead the photo, that means that link is not good anymore. The photo that remains and you see, is the nursery, that's to help you find Terrascape when you're driving down a 4 lane divided hwy at 55 you'll know what to look for. When combined with the instructions I gave. It's not hard to find Terrrascape, on the edges of TV there are two north-side roads. US Hwy 441/27 on the east side and US Hwy 301 on the west side, which runs right straight through Wildwood, it's actually called Main Street in Wildwood.

My original directions were "Terrascape on the west side of US 301 just south of Rainey Trail, north of Wildwood." First off, we know Hwy 301 is a north side hightway, and is on the west side of TV. The easiest way to go there would be either take 466A to Wildwood to 301 and turn right at the light and go about 3 miles and it will be on your left. If your on 466, go west past Walmart to Hwy 301 and turn left and go about 3 miles south and it will be on your right.

After Terrascape did the original job in 2011, I didn't use them again in 2013 was because I used McGowin because I had seen some yards they did and I liked them. When earlier in 2019 my Sylvester Palm was looking bad, and I wanted some advice, I called McGowin and she just blew me off. So I gave Terrascape a call, and they came and did a great job.

Now, I've corrected the link to the photos of the work done in my front yard by Terrascape.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
plants, paid, bad, suggestions, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.