BEWARE in FP!
Home
Menu

BEWARE in FP!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

BEWARE in FP!
Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Default BEWARE in FP!

A small portion of The Villages is in Fruitland Park city limits.
The City just posted a stop work order on an ARC approved driveway widening being poured because they did not have a permit from the City of Fruitland Park. Whodathunkit.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Just because something is approved by the Villages - it is not exempted from local requirements. It's too bad the contractor did not obtain the permit or ask if it had been obtained before work started.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2018, 01:08 PM

The company has been in business over 20 years, done work all over Lake and Sumter counties, and is the chosen contractor for most of Sumter County's concrete flat work. Ever think Fruitland Park never had an issue with a tiny wedge of concrete till The Villages ?
I have spoken to several more contractors in the area, and none of them knew Fruitland Park was requiring / issuing driveway permits.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
The company has been in business over 20 years, done work all over Lake and Sumter counties, and is the chosen contractor for most of Sumter County's concrete flat work. Ever think Fruitland Park never had an issue with a tiny wedge of concrete till The Villages ?
I have spoken to several more contractors in the area, and none of them knew Fruitland Park was requiring / issuing driveway permits.
Tried taking a short-cut...... how did that work out? They would know if they asked! And what does Sumter Co. have to do with any of this? You're talking Lake Co.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Sage

When whoever it was who circumvented the proper channels to do something they wanted to do is identified, please tell us.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
It is the job of all of them to know what permits are required.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:04 PM

I think Fruitland Park is doing a fine job of policing the tiny bit of TV they annexed into the "City" . I posted this to help warn people who live in that area they may want to check with FP with every little thing they do. If you want to know who the terrible person was that mistakenly widened his driveway , just like his neighbor did 2 weeks ago , also WITHOUT a FP permit, I am sure you can call down to FP City Hall and find out so you can ... why is it you want to know who they are?

Last edited by Ozzello; 11-08-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:14 PM

You don't need a permit anywhere else in TV to widen a driveway. Not in Lady Lake, Sumerfield, Wildwood, Leesburg, Sumter Lake or Marion County. There also is no sign in TV when you enter the area annexed into Fruitland Park saying you are in FP city limits.

I have been a contractor and a construction inspector in this area over 30 years, I am FROM Fruitland Park, and I had no idea. Just glad my friend let me know before I did a job in that area.

Hope I gave someone else a heads up.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
You don't need a permit anywhere else in TV to widen a driveway. Not in Lady Lake, Sumerfield, Wildwood, Leesburg, Sumter Lake or Marion County. There also is no sign in TV when you enter the area annexed into Fruitland Park saying you are in FP city limits.

I have been a contractor and a construction inspector in this area over 30 years, I am FROM Fruitland Park, and I had no idea. Just glad my friend let me know before I did a job in that area.

Hope I gave someone else a heads up.
That is absolutely incorrect. Sumter, Marion and Lake Counties all require a permit for any driveway widening project.

Last edited by photo1902; 11-08-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
That is absolutely incorrect. Sumter, Marion and Lake Counties all require a permit for any driveway widening project.
Agree....there have been a couple driveway projects done close to me and contractor did all the ARC paperwork and obtained and displayed the permits. I'm in Sumter and don't do anything outside without ARC approval and permits....I may sell this sucker at some point so having past work "legal" rather than having to redo stuff before closing is important to me.

Berks County Pennsylvania

Tags
city, park, fruitland, poured, widening