BEWARE in FP!

BEWARE in FP!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
BEWARE in FP!
  #1  
Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Ozzello Ozzello is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 289
Default BEWARE in FP!

A small portion of The Villages is in Fruitland Park city limits.
The City just posted a stop work order on an ARC approved driveway widening being poured because they did not have a permit from the City of Fruitland Park. Whodathunkit.

  #2  
Old 11-08-2018, 12:38 PM
njbchbum's Avatar
njbchbum njbchbum is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Posts: 5,104
Default

Just because something is approved by the Villages - it is not exempted from local requirements. It's too bad the contractor did not obtain the permit or ask if it had been obtained before work started.
__________________
Not sure if I have free time...or if I just forgot everything I was supposed to do!

Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Ozzello Ozzello is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 289
Default

The company has been in business over 20 years, done work all over Lake and Sumter counties, and is the chosen contractor for most of Sumter County's concrete flat work. Ever think Fruitland Park never had an issue with a tiny wedge of concrete till The Villages ?
I have spoken to several more contractors in the area, and none of them knew Fruitland Park was requiring / issuing driveway permits.
  #4  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:35 PM
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
The company has been in business over 20 years, done work all over Lake and Sumter counties, and is the chosen contractor for most of Sumter County's concrete flat work. Ever think Fruitland Park never had an issue with a tiny wedge of concrete till The Villages ?
I have spoken to several more contractors in the area, and none of them knew Fruitland Park was requiring / issuing driveway permits.
Tried taking a short-cut...... how did that work out? They would know if they asked! And what does Sumter Co. have to do with any of this? You're talking Lake Co.
  #5  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 36,047
Default

When whoever it was who circumvented the proper channels to do something they wanted to do is identified, please tell us.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
  #6  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
The company has been in business over 20 years, done work all over Lake and Sumter counties, and is the chosen contractor for most of Sumter County's concrete flat work. Ever think Fruitland Park never had an issue with a tiny wedge of concrete till The Villages ?
I have spoken to several more contractors in the area, and none of them knew Fruitland Park was requiring / issuing driveway permits.
It is the job of all of them to know what permits are required.
  #7  
Old 11-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Ozzello Ozzello is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 289
Default

I think Fruitland Park is doing a fine job of policing the tiny bit of TV they annexed into the "City" . I posted this to help warn people who live in that area they may want to check with FP with every little thing they do. If you want to know who the terrible person was that mistakenly widened his driveway , just like his neighbor did 2 weeks ago , also WITHOUT a FP permit, I am sure you can call down to FP City Hall and find out so you can ... why is it you want to know who they are?

Last edited by Ozzello; 11-08-2018 at 03:16 PM.
  #8  
Old 11-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Ozzello Ozzello is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 289
Default

You don't need a permit anywhere else in TV to widen a driveway. Not in Lady Lake, Sumerfield, Wildwood, Leesburg, Sumter Lake or Marion County. There also is no sign in TV when you enter the area annexed into Fruitland Park saying you are in FP city limits.

I have been a contractor and a construction inspector in this area over 30 years, I am FROM Fruitland Park, and I had no idea. Just glad my friend let me know before I did a job in that area.

Hope I gave someone else a heads up.
  #9  
Old 11-08-2018, 03:27 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
You don't need a permit anywhere else in TV to widen a driveway. Not in Lady Lake, Sumerfield, Wildwood, Leesburg, Sumter Lake or Marion County. There also is no sign in TV when you enter the area annexed into Fruitland Park saying you are in FP city limits.

I have been a contractor and a construction inspector in this area over 30 years, I am FROM Fruitland Park, and I had no idea. Just glad my friend let me know before I did a job in that area.

Hope I gave someone else a heads up.
That is absolutely incorrect. Sumter, Marion and Lake Counties all require a permit for any driveway widening project.

Last edited by photo1902; 11-08-2018 at 03:41 PM.
  #10  
Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 PM
JoMar JoMar is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
That is absolutely incorrect. Sumter, Marion and Lake Counties all require a permit for any driveway widening project.
Agree....there have been a couple driveway projects done close to me and contractor did all the ARC paperwork and obtained and displayed the permits. I'm in Sumter and don't do anything outside without ARC approval and permits....I may sell this sucker at some point so having past work "legal" rather than having to redo stuff before closing is important to me.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
city, park, fruitland, poured, widening
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.