Bushes along side of home

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Wag View Post
Interesting. Well what ever you all say? I think I 'll handle things myself, No need to be insulting, but I will remember those who are. Must be a lot of certain people who know everything. OK I know what I signed and I also know we have rights, it is not a dictatorship. Must read carefully what it says. And take into account certain specifications. But never mind apparently we have much smarter people than me out there? LOL
Not smarter. Just lived here longer. I’m sure your new neighbors will find you delightful.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:40 PM

We just had some landscaping done at our house with an awesome landscaping company. First of all, the rule is that your "beds" have to begin (i.e. the back side) a minimum of 3ft from your property. Sounds like you bed for that would be a least 2-3 wide. Our people drew of a very detailed design and presented it for us. They are experienced, and know what will pass and what won't, so you don't have to keep going back over and over. If you are just doing 2 "rows of bushes", you may be able to figure it out by yourself . We did Podocarpus on one side and Viburnum on the other side. At this point, I like the Podocarpus better, but, I think at some point the Virburnum leaves change color a bit, and gets a pretty white flower. If your is narrow though, you may prefer using the same thing on both sides. I say definitely get the board's (or whatever you call it) approval. Enjoy
Old 04-11-2020, 03:46 PM

I think that is because you would have been planting in the neutral ground. The rule says you have to be at least 3ft inside your property line, so there is no way you can share a hedge. We just had landscaping done, that's why I know this. We interviewed 4 different companies, and all of them knew that as the rule. Our plan was approved 1st time out. I'm sure that's why yours wasn't approved. We have Podocarpus too (among other things). I love them!
Old 04-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Interesting. Well what ever you all say? I think I 'll handle things myself, No need to be insulting, but I will remember those who are. Must be a lot of certain people who know everything. OK I know what I signed and I also know we have rights, it is not a dictatorship. Must read carefully what it says. And take into account certain specifications. But never mind apparently we have much smarter people than me out there? LOL
What was that? The sound of many eyes rolling.

Last edited by Marathon Man; 04-13-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Usually best to read BEFORE you sign.
You’re welcome.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Always entertaining to read what people come up with when they don't want to follow the terms of a contract that they signed.

Last edited by Marathon Man; 04-13-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Those two little old lady trolls with the clipboard know the rules inside and out.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Just a word of advice, be sure to leave adequate room to be able to walk between your birdcage and the hedges you plant when they become fully mature. You will need to have room to prune them and keep them from growing into your birdcage screen.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:21 PM

Your landscaper should know. They’ll also get approval, if needed. You might be talking about Hawthorn bushes.
Be kind to one another... Ephesians 4:32
Old 04-13-2020, 07:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy@Pinellas View Post
Your landscaper should know. They’ll also get approval, if needed. You might be talking about Hawthorn bushes.
Not all contracters will take this on. Even if they say they do. Always make sure to sign the application for approval, and then obtain a copy of the approval documents. Do this before work is started.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Thanks for all the input. Key find someone to get it approved quick. I do not want to go to war with ARC, but they will be sorry if they screw with me. Not when you pay 500k for a house they better give flexibility within reason or be tied up in court for ever.
Haven't even moved here yet but talking about fighting local restrictions and covenants . ???? 125,000 people here ahead of you and there is little evidence that the local rules for the protection of property values have been overturned by the courts.

Maybe a Troll ??

Tags
bushes, contact, villages, approval, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.