Disappearing Lawn Issue

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Unhappy Disappearing Lawn Issue

We are having a real problem with our lawn disintegrating before our eyes, in a matter of days it seems....
Has anyone noticed Stillwater Trail lately???? The lawn, if you can call it that, is brown and gone!!....

We called in Massey and we were told we have MOLE CRICKETS.... and our lawn has to be treated. Due to the cold winter and rain now, an issue that was once a few cases a year, is running rampart in TV, and our lawn service is overwhelmed with calls due to this pest....
Beware of browned out patches of grass that are easily pulled up, and you are left with "mulch" looking areas where you had green grass.
We were told in about 2 months our lawn should be restored after our treatments.
This is a FYI to be on the lookout...
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 AM

That doesn't sound good, Massey has been unable to get my lawn where I'd like to have it and now my house seems to be infested with ants, spiders, flat black bugs and all sorts of undesireables. I plan to call them this afternoon and see what their next approach is before I file for divorce. I paid them a lot of money when we moved in mid-May to avoid these things and I am totally dissatisfied right now. While i was typing this my wife yelled from the bathroom with a huge black spider taking her captive. When I went out to walk this morning I noticed round fungus spots in my yard with gray centers, so when it rains it pours (probably literally). Massey is about to receive my rath again....
Old 08-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We have Furtigator and have a gorgeous lawn. They seem to have it down to a science. If we notice a problem they come immediately and take care of it. My neighbors have Furtigator and are pleased also. Not cheap but well worth it.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:20 PM

We put some money down on a lot when we were down a couple of weeks ago, and I read so much on here about lawn problems. Does any one just mow and water their grass once a week? Maybe you guys are over doing it.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 AM

We have our lawn mowed and watered once a week as per guidelines.
Also, I did not want to give the impression it was just our lawn service Massey having the problem with mole crickets, it is everyone, even the lawn service taking care of TV lawns. What we are also not happy about is the amount of weeds in our lawn, and since we just moved into our house in April, we realize it is going to take some time to correct this. But, in reading on TOTV, and talking to our neighbors, weeds and bugs and other lawn issues are going to be a fight for the long haul, regardless of the lawn maintenance company you use.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.