Do NOT use Good Neighbor Service Management,Inc.

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Angry Do NOT use Good Neighbor Service Management,Inc.

My husband and I bought a home in the villages 4-12-2019. We contracted with Good Neighbor Service Management,Inc. on 8-9-2019. My husband passed away in March 2020. I sold the house immediately and moved back to Maryland. There are 4 months left on the contract I have called nine times, I have spoken to 3 different people in the office trying to get a refund on the 4 months left on the contract, NO ONE will return my calls!!!! I have left messages to speak to the owner Kenny of course he won't return my calls. Don't do buisness with this company!!!!!
Old 08-03-2020, 07:55 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trrags5 View Post
My husband and I bought a home in the villages 4-12-2019. We contracted with Good Neighbor Service Management,Inc. on 8-9-2019. My husband passed away in March 2020. I sold the house immediately and moved back to Maryland. There are 4 months left on the contract I have called nine times, I have spoken to 3 different people in the office trying to get a refund on the 4 months left on the contract, NO ONE will return my calls!!!! I have left messages to speak to the owner Kenny of course he won't return my calls. Don't do buisness with this company!!!!!
First of all, my condolences for your loss. Since we're still trying to learn everything we can for when we move down there ourselves (and also possibly being snowbirds for the middle of summer), your post has me a little confused. Were you using this company while you were living there, and if so, for what? If you were snowbirding and using them while you were gone, were you forced to pay in advance for your "contract?" In other words, what 4 months are left on it? The other obvious question is, have you checked the fine print on the contract to see if refunds are even mentioned? To be honest, if it were me and I had just lost my spouse (and guessing that it's not an outrageous amount of money), while I too would be upset about paying in advance and now not needing the service, I would probably just let it go for my own overall mental health and anguish. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
So sorry about the loss of your husband. What a sad conclusion to what should have been many happy years in TV.

If you will do a search on this forum for "Service Smart" and read the thread started by Martian on 9/10/19, you will find plenty of comments about "Good Neighbor", formerly called "Service Smart." Maybe the only thing you can do now is add to the volume of complaints already filed with Seniors Against Crime. I'm sorry you didn't know about their reputation at the time you signed with them.

I suspect they concentrate their sales efforts on people newly arrived due to their bad reputation.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,619 Times in 5,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
So sorry about the loss of your husband. What a sad conclusion to what should have been many happy years in TV.

If you will do a search on this forum for "Service Smart" and read the thread started by Martian on 9/10/19, you will find plenty of comments about "Good Neighbor", formerly called "Service Smart." Maybe the only thing you can do now is add to the volume of complaints already filed with Seniors Against Crime. I'm sorry you didn't know about their reputation at the time you signed with them.

I suspect they concentrate their sales efforts on people newly arrived due to their bad reputation.
That company has been in The Villages for many years before 2019, and Seniors Vs Crime has a huge file of complaints against them. It makes me question the effectiveness of Seniors Vs Crime and the Florida Attorney General who sponsors and funds them. They are supposed to work together to prosecute companies who prey on seniors. But, the best way to avoid bad companies is to never pay any contractor for work in advance.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
That company has been in The Villages for many years before 2019, and Seniors Vs Crime has a huge file of complaints against them. It makes me question the effectiveness of Seniors Vs Crime and the Florida Attorney General who sponsors and funds them. They are supposed to work together to prosecute companies who prey on seniors. But, the best way to avoid bad companies is to never pay any contractor for work in advance.
From the site not to be mentioned........

https://www.**************.com/2019/...marion-county/
Old 08-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,619 Times in 5,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
From the site not to be mentioned........

https://www.**************.com/2019/...marion-county/
I can't find the link.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
I can't find the link.
Google "Good Neighbor Service Management,Inc."

Page 2, about half way down you'll see a link to the story.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I would only recommend this company to someone I truly hated.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the warning. One of the best parts of a community "bulletin board" like TOTVs, is the ability to allow your friends and neighbors to know which individuals who own a business are ethical and moral in their dealings, and which, like the "Kenny" you mentioned, are either unethical or perhaps just immature or unskilled in communicating with customers. I know this kind of thing happens a lot in The Villages, it seems so often their are a lot of opportunists to fancy themselves business people and don't have any back ground in business practice at all. A neighbor of mine used to call these types of "lawn services" "lawn mower cowboys".... LOL... mostly about the money, quick money. NEVER paying for more than one month ahead would stop all of that. Sort of like cable TV and phone bills, electric bills. There are many honest small business people, fortunately through TOTV's we can share who those folks are. I hope you get your money for work they did NOT do ! Sad how some people operate.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:40 AM
Default Good Neighbor = BAD NEIGHBOR

Neighbor had them, prepaid for a landscape job. Took his money, tore out the old landscape, long story short, 3 months later, 20 phone calls, they were not showing. We had to set them up, using an empty home nearby asking for a landscape quote. They came out the next day. Confronted then. Work finally done about a month later. Others have them as well, lawn service and fertilization are both terrible.
NO GOOD NEIGHBOR, EVER!!!
Old 08-05-2020, 06:47 AM

Sometimes it's best to ask neighbors who they use. When it comes to lawn treatment, A/C service, etc. Best not to concentrate at the least expensive . I pay my lawn person at the end of the month. Have used the same people to service and replace my A/C. I think you see how I protect myself.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
If you paid with a credit card, I would file a dispute with the credit card company and let them help you. Otherwise can you show up on their doorstep?
Old 08-05-2020, 07:23 AM

Just let it go? That's what's wrong with this nation now! No personal responsibility, and, no one holding anyone accountable for their actions!
Old 08-05-2020, 07:43 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Exactly. When we first moved here we had issues with a decorator ripping us off. Seniors against crime were no help at all, but then neither were the Sheriff or Police. They just suggested we sue them. Not sure what they really do except collect complaints.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Good Neighbor - Service Smart -Once A Year

Quote:

The Good Neighbor was formerly Service Smart and then before that they changed their name from Once a Year. They just keep changing their names as the terrible reputation builds up. So that is 3 company name changes that I know of. There may be more. They are the WORST! There is a complaint file a foot thick in the Seniors Against Crime office against them. I won't even go into the list of problems I had with them! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.
When I have to get help I check with the Home Warranty Office and they usually have good people that they refer me to. A check about a specific company can also be done with Seniors Against Crime.
Closed Thread

Tags
left, contract, months, return, calls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.