Driveway Painting

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Default Driveway Painting

Thinking of using Decorative Concrete of Central Florida to paint driveway. Anyone care to comment. All suggestions welcome. Thanks. Emilio Gerardi 259-1448
Old 01-22-2015, 11:41 AM

I had my driveway done with stamped concrete. Go Concrete Design was the contractor I hired. Their work is gorgeous. I wish I could take pictures and download them but I don't know how. In two week they are returning to my home to do the floor in my lanai with a different technique which looks like slate. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you my address so you can see for yourself.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Location: Indianapolis, Ft Worth, Naperville, Zionsville, Avon

I used Delcrete, as did all of my neighbors. Very happy with results and price.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Decorative Concrete did our garage and driveway......still getting compliments from folks driving by. Cliff was great to work with and he and his crew made us happy campers.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Gold member

slippery when wet.......tread carefully.......

thats our results for designer driveway.......I would do it all over again with pavers......
Old 01-24-2015, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
slippery when wet.......tread carefully.......

thats our results for designer driveway.......I would do it all over again with pavers......
Might be a result of what they added to the clear coat. Decorative Concrete added chips which provides traction when wet. I have talked to neighbors who have had their driveways done with pavers, great look, unfortunately I wouldn't have been able to afford the cost.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Veteran member

I used Decorative Concrete and couldn't be happier. Cliff and his crew were wonderful.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Gold member

No matter which company you use I would advise you to wait until you have lived in the house for 1 year. After your 1 year inspection is done. We did ours shortly after moving in and during the first year parts of the driveway cracked and chipped. Once they were repaired we had to call the company who painted it. We waited 4 months to get it fixed and then he wanted $200 to repaint it or for free he would just paint it the base color. The area needing repainting was just the triangle at the bottom of the driveway. I was so mad about the price I just had him paint the base color and leave. Next time either stamped concrete or pavers.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Morning dew on mine is like an ice skating rink. I took a bad fall on it just about two weeks ago. Make sure you address this with whomever you hire.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.