Dustin Cole Landscape and Maintenance / Adaleigh's Landscaping and Design LLc

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Thumbs down Dustin Cole Landscape and Maintenance / Adaleigh's Landscaping and Design LLc

Dustin gave an estimate over phone to plant three date palms approximately 5 to 6 feet tall and replant one bottle brush tree around to the side yard. Three holes had to be dug. An estimate was given over the phone of $750.00 over the phone for the job. Upon arriving at the house Dustin stated he didn't know sod had to be removed for the planting of the trees and that he had to charge additional for that. I was ready to reject his proposal and then I got the story. " I had to special order this three trunk date palm and I can't return it", he said. Feeling some concern for his predicament I relented and let him proceed with the job. Total cost $900.00. After planting the trees he asked if I wanted him to put down some ground cover around the trees. I asked, that's not included either? "No", he responded. My ignorance of the proper questions to ask a landscaper was my mistake. Nevertheless, I said I would put pine straw around them. About a week later the soil had compacted around the root ball of the tree in front where the bottle brush had been removed. The root ball was exposed 4 inches above the top of the ground because the contractor Dustin used did not bring enough additional dirt and had tried building dirt up around the root ball without compressing.

My wife called Dustin about the problem and he said he would come over. He never showed for three days. She called again and his recorder would not take any messages. She tried another day and was able to leave another message. No return call again. We finally got in contact with him and I explained the problem. He became loud and said, " you paid me didn't you, and you approved the job by giving me a check". Nevertheless he stated he would be out either that day or the next. He never showed. I went to Lowe's and bought 4 cu. ft. of dirt to correct issue. As a prior business owner myself I understand the value of positive reviews. I feel I gave Dustin more than enough time to correct the issue and believe I have the responsibility to let others know to avoid this contractor. I am surprised at his behavior with so many prior positive reviews. NOTE: This contractor uses two business names.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Robellini planted too shallow.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	72493   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	72494  
Old 11-11-2017, 04:10 PM

I’ve dealt with him. He has no interest in return business, just getting as much money as he can get via intimidation. Last time I saw his name it was in the news for stealing materials from a job site.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Veteran member

Same here job not completed checks cashed no return of phone call.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

Wow thanks for sharing. We bought a huge date Palm from Majestic in Clermont and paid $100-200 for the tree and their guy delivered and installed it for $100. He was efficient, pleasant and gave all kinds of info to take care of it.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert17x View Post
Dustin gave an estimate over phone to plant three date palms approximately 5 to 6 feet tall and replant one bottle brush tree around to the side yard. Three holes had to be dug. An estimate was given over the phone of $750.00 over the phone for the job. Upon arriving at the house Dustin stated he didn't know sod had to be removed for the planting of the trees and that he had to charge additional for that. I was ready to reject his proposal and then I got the story. " I had to special order this three trunk date palm and I can't return it", he said. Feeling some concern for his predicament I relented and let him proceed with the job. Total cost $900.00. After planting the trees he asked if I wanted him to put down some ground cover around the trees. I asked, that's not included either? "No", he responded. My ignorance of the proper questions to ask a landscaper was my mistake. Nevertheless, I said I would put pine straw around them. About a week later the soil had compacted around the root ball of the tree in front where the bottle brush had been removed. The root ball was exposed 4 inches above the top of the ground because the contractor Dustin used did not bring enough additional dirt and had tried building dirt up around the root ball without compressing.

My wife called Dustin about the problem and he said he would come over. He never showed for three days. She called again and his recorder would not take any messages. She tried another day and was able to leave another message. No return call again. We finally got in contact with him and I explained the problem. He became loud and said, " you paid me didn't you, and you approved the job by giving me a check". Nevertheless he stated he would be out either that day or the next. He never showed. I went to Lowe's and bought 4 cu. ft. of dirt to correct issue. As a prior business owner myself I understand the value of positive reviews. I feel I gave Dustin more than enough time to correct the issue and believe I have the responsibility to let others know to avoid this contractor. I am surprised at his behavior with so many prior positive reviews. NOTE: This contractor uses two business names.
What's the name of his other business so people can stay away?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
What's the name of his other business so people can stay away?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Would that be the one in the title of the thread?
Old 11-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Default Business Name

Dustin operates under two business names:

Dustin Cole Landscaping and Maintenance
and
Adaleigh's Landscape and Design
Old 11-18-2017, 06:24 AM

Sounds like you got a decent contractor. We got this fellow off Home Advisor which had him with several 5 star reviews. Just goes to show me that reviews are not always legit.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:27 AM
Platinum member

Let Home Advisor and Seniors Against Crime know.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:12 PM

I posted my nightmare with Dustin Cole a few days ago. Sadly, I didn't see these posts. He got me for almost $8000 for some landscaping, (resulting in dead plants) some miscellaneous jobs he talked me into doing and a sprinkler system that is so bad (leaking, spraying onto a neighbor's house, drip lines not working at all) that I am having to pay another company $3000 to get it done right. It is totally not usable now. He refused to stand by anything and even accused me of somehow damaging the sprinklers, within a week or so of his completion of the job. When I asked him to look at the system he became irate, confrontational and intimidating. The comments of previous posts are exactly what he said to me..."you paid me so you must have been satisfied". Of course, initially, I had no way of knowing that the lines were not connected properly and leaked in almost every zone. So I did contact Seniors vs. crime and they were very sympathetic. But when they called Dustin Cole, of course, he just denied everything, said my system was working properly and I broke the lines. So having other input might be important for me to prove that he does poor work and does not stand by his work. Sadly, I see his truck around the neighborhood and even his promo sign and other people seem to be OK with him. I don't understand it. So, if anyone has any additional input I can take to Seniors v. Crime, I would appreciate it. They have only had one other complaint against him. They seem to think that is a pretty good record. So I would love to show them other unhappy customers of Dutin Cole. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
dustin, job, ball, root, trees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.