Evergreen lawn and pest control

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Veteran member
Default Evergreen lawn and pest control

I know there is an Evergreen Landscaping that people aren't to pleased with. My son's friend who does lawn care in Apopka recommended Evergreen Lawn and Pest Control. Anyone out there use them? We are building in Buttonwood and need fertilizer and pest control (termites and fire ants, etc), and will also need cutting and trimming as we won't be full time next year. Their website says they specialize in St Augustine and we have zoysia. We'll be down for our closing on June 21st and will stay for a couple of weeks, so we're trying to get as much done as possible.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
I know there is an Evergreen Landscaping that people aren't to pleased with. My son's friend who does lawn care in Apopka recommended Evergreen Lawn and Pest Control. Anyone out there use them? We are building in Buttonwood and need fertilizer and pest control (termites and fire ants, etc), and will also need cutting and trimming as we won't be full time next year. Their website says they specialize in St Augustine and we have zoysia. We'll be down for our closing on June 21st and will stay for a couple of weeks, so we're trying to get as much done as possible.
Having Zoysia grass was one of the reasons we dropped our lawn service with Massey. They couldn't seem to keep it looking good. Talk to Evergreen about the fact that you have Zoysia grass....it's different than St. Augustine. We have one company for pest control - Deans, and another company for lawn care, Zoysia Green.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

Do a search on TOTV re: Evergreen landscaping. The original owner just sold the business.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
Do a search on TOTV re: Evergreen landscaping. The original owner just sold the business.
Thanks Mac9, but from what I can tell this is a different
company, more along the the lines of a Trugreen. Won't be down until next week, so all my research is online and through TOTV. And Pooh , will give your suggestions a call next week. Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM

When I first bought my home in Amelia I used Zoysia Green while I was still up north selling my previous house. Prior to moving permanently down to TV I called them and gave them notice of my arrival. I asked that everything be up to date, neat and clean when I got to FL. I was VERY disappointed. The lawn and gardens were a disgrace and most of the plants had to be replaced. They had done virtually nothing while I dutifully sent them $$$.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
When I first bought my home in Amelia I used Zoysia Green while I was still up north selling my previous house. Prior to moving permanently down to TV I called them and gave them notice of my arrival. I asked that everything be up to date, neat and clean when I got to FL. I was VERY disappointed. The lawn and gardens were a disgrace and most of the plants had to be replaced. They had done virtually nothing while I dutifully sent them $$$.
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry that happened. We've never had any difficulties with them, but we only have them for lawn. What period of time are you talking about? Did the plants not get enough water? With only one day of watering allowed right now, and previously, lawns as well as plants have suffered. After the winter we had this season, we've had to remove and replace lots of plants. It was like we were living in a different part of the country, so many plants and trees impacted by the cold, even the palms.

Last edited by pooh; 06-14-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 AM

pooh;

This was from Feb. through July 2008. I don't believe lack of water was the problem, just lack of care. However, I'll concede I was not here but they were and never bothered to contact me if there was a problem. Like you, I lost a lot of plants during this past winter's cold spell but that is understandable. If you are pleased with them for lawn care then I'm happy for you.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
pooh;

This was from Feb. through July 2008. I don't believe lack of water was the problem, just lack of care. However, I'll concede I was not here but they were and never bothered to contact me if there was a problem. Like you, I lost a lot of plants during this past winter's cold spell but that is understandable. If you are pleased with them for lawn care then I'm happy for you.
It's too bad that you weren't contacted. For the 6 months before we moved here permanently, the only one who talked to us about our yard and the conditions was the rep from Villages Empty Nest program. Never heard from Massey or the company that was mowing the lawn, just the person watching the house. We didn't know our neighbors, heck we didn't have too many neighbors, they, too, had bought but weren't moved in yet. Sadly, I don't think lawn care reps are very good about contacting homeowners who live out of the area. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's been the experience on our street.

Hope you find a company that provides the service you want. If you do, please let us all know who....and hopefully, today we'll get some much needed rain to help our thirsty lawns!...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.