Fair priced landscapers

Fair priced landscapers

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Fair priced landscapers
Old 08-22-2019, 05:47 AM

Default Fair priced landscapers

I think many of the landscapers overcharge for their gravel, brick etc design services. Who has reasonable prices?

Old 08-22-2019, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I don't think you can really decide on a landscaper based on low prices. When I first moved to The Villages, I got 5 written quotes for the same rock landscape project. Jamie's and Choice Maintenance were each more than two times the cost offered by the other three guys. One guy's quote was less than the actual cost for the stones. However, Jamie's and Choice were the only companies that I would have hired.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Platinum member

Choice Maintenance has done a lot of work at my home. They do beautiful work, show up on time and clean up.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:30 AM
Sage

I think it wise to always comparison shop, talk to neighbors and people whose landscaping you admire. If you are new, don't rush to plant palms or change the really good plants that come with your house. We have kept those plants both times and only removed some as they grew and believe me, if you are new to Florida, you won't believe how fast they grow.

Just like anyone, landscapers are looking to make money and there is nothing wrong with that. I just don't want to be their home run hit.
Attached Thumbnails
000_9632-2-jpg   000_9633-2-jpg   000_9634-2-jpg   000_9635-2-jpg  

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-23-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:34 AM
Sage

I know most of you know this but it usually bears repeating:

Always get more than one quote.
Check their history/performance/satisfaction as much as possible.
Choose those that are licensed and insured.

Reject those who require payment in advance.

As noted prices will vary widely and very widely.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:30 AM

Recommendation for Jamie’s Landscaping. Had 3 quotes from reputable firms, checked references, and compared details/plans. No money until the project is completed, great workmanship and did above and beyond expectations. If there is one area I believe it’s worth spending a few dollars, here in Florida where you can enjoy the outdoors 365 days a year, it would be landscaping. There is something to say for a company that runs continuously without advertising, word of mouth from satisfied customers speaks volumes.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:58 AM
Veteran member

Luis Landscaping has done a lot of projects in our neighborhood. Word of mouth for recommendations is the best way to go. If you see a project someone did and you like it, stop and ask them who did it.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:30 PM

Just used Home Advisor to get some landscape bids, and was sent the name of 3 landscape companies. None were registered with Workman's Comp insurance and 2 of the 3 I could not find anything about on the internet, phone book or any other place. Pretty sure all 3 of them will have good pricing, but I won't be calling them. Too many scams out there where they want to come to your house to case you for a later scam. I will stick with the guys I know do great work. Escapes, Jamie's and... well Escapes and Jamies. The rest are posers.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Sage

So how do you define "fair priced"?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-23-2019, 02:47 PM

I personally don't care what a contractor charges for supplies. I care what the total project cost is and what their reputation is for delivering quality on time. How they come to their quote is not relevant, and showing cost of materials to me is just waiting my time. I want to know the bottom line.

Tags
landscapers, design, services, brick, prices