Fertigator???

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Fertigator???

We're looking for a new lawn service---fertilizer, bug control etc. Anyone had Fertigator?? If so...are they good?? Just curious!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Veteran member
Default bump

Still wondering re: this business/service!!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:27 PM

had Fertigator for several years. great in the beginning. quality of product and service declined. yard had issues..made multiple calls for re treats....got tired of it and hired another service. neighbors still have it and are happy.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We have fertigator as well as our neighbors and all our lawns are beautiful. I like the fact that they use organic
pesticides.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I usually go to the Better Business Bureau first thing when dealing with a new company and check them out. In this case, Fertigator is rated an "F" by the BBB. I've never used them so I can't say anything other than to pass on the BBB rating. You can check any company yourself by going to:
http://centralflorida.bbb.org/Find-Business-Reviews/
and typing in the business name and state (you don't need to type any more than that, it will work).
Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Used them, had a section of the lawn with issues, and could never even get them to look at it much less fix it. Fired them and had them remove equipment.

Hired Massey and they were fine for a while until another section of lawn died. They at least came and looked, but blamed it on frost even though no other lawn near me had issues. And no I was not the lowest or highest spot around. So just fired them as well. Going to do it myself until someone provides service that meets the needs of a homeowner. Problem turned out to be cinch bugs and when treated for that no more problems. And neither company would take ownership, just deny it was a problem they were responsible for.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

I would personally run not walk away from this company. The have a decent product that works for maybe six months. Then that's it. I had more weeds with Ferigator than any other lawn service I used.

I terminated the contract after a year and they could not refund my money in full. I received $100 increments over a six month period with the last payment from them late by one month.

The company is hurting financially and rumor has it that they are going to file for bankruptsy. I signed on with them because half a dozen friends and/or neighbors talked me into it. I was the last of the group to terminate the contract because of the weeds and other problems with my lawn

That's my own personal experience with them. I can't recommend them to anyone
Old 04-29-2011, 12:54 PM

who did you go with after firing fertigator and have you been pleased??
Old 06-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Veteran member

I have FertiGator for about 4 years now and I am happy. I had problems with the lawn and they came down right away and fixed it. Even replaced some of the dead lawn.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Default fertigator??

We've had fertigator for 3 years and love the service, our lawn looks great!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Veteran member

Just wanted to say we did go with them after checking others in our neighborhood who had them. Been happy so far and the yard looks great!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
Just wanted to say we did go with them after checking others in our neighborhood who had them. Been happy so far and the yard looks great!!!
Read your original post I opened this site with a wary finger. We just signed up with them last month based on 2 of our neighbors using them and being thrilled with the results. Of course we had "Once a Year" last year based on a recommendation and we earned the title of "worst lawn on the block".
Skip 2
Old 07-05-2011, 12:06 PM

First off, I'm wondering if chemicals via irrigation do any harm to the system, and secondly, has anyone outright purchased this system (or any other irrigation fertilizer system ) on a DIY basis?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.