Finally .... irrigation

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,914 Times in 2,445 Posts
Default Finally .... irrigation

After few months of adding and removing irrigation spray nozzles and adding dripper's finely no water running down the street. If fact no water on the street and very little on my sidewalks, Plus not watering where plants aren't. Which means less weed control. I see some water run off water the streets for 30 mins or more. I don't like waste
Old 04-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
After few months of adding and removing irrigation spray nozzles and adding dripper's finely no water running down the street. If fact no water on the street and very little on my sidewalks, Plus not watering where plants aren't. Which means less weed control. I see some water run off water the streets for 30 mins or more. I don't like waste
Good for you. My husband enjoys all things to do with our yard and fixes our sprinklers and adjusts them. He does a very good job. I love our yard.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Great project!

I am just about done converting our front/side beds to drip irrigating. Needed to install two new main lines, build a couple of distribution manifolds and installed about 60 micro heads.

Still have some overspray for the lawn zones. tough to get perfect coverage when on a corner lot.

Looking forward to lower irrigation bills and healthier shrubs and flowers.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 04-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me to finish checking and adjusting ours. I always wondered if mowers gradually move them out of whack by turning thru the yard during their mowing.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:59 AM
Sage

I'll admit grass sprinklers are lot harder or control. I've got little grass so on the 1/4 inch lines I removed the spray nozzles and put star head drippers that are adjustable. Before I was watering the everywhere which encouraged weeds to pop up. No the water in directed on the plants and not the rocks.

Cable company drilled into my main line on side street, I was able to bypass that section due to it was looped. Cut and blocked pass the burst spots and tied in to the loop that came back around. I made diagram so I know where the lines are running. Now I have no irrigation close off the street, all up against my outside wall.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Good for you. My husband enjoys all things to do with our yard and fixes our sprinklers and adjusts them. He does a very good job. I love our yard.

I like tinkering also. Keeps me from being bored
Old 04-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Thanks for reminding me to finish checking and adjusting ours. I always wondered if mowers gradually move them out of whack by turning thru the yard during their mowing.
On mine close to the street I make sure the doughnuts are above
The the sprinkler pop up head. If not mowers or cars will damage them or the main line below. Also, on most the the pop ups won't retreat back down and stick up I dig down enough to hole the base and unscrew the top and pull the guts out, clean the seal above the spring and shaft. This usually works, if not I just change the guts with spare parts I have from replacing some.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Had Massey adjust the sprinkler irrigation system for the late spring monsoon season...Checked with him, said early morning for 10 minutes, three times a week, for the four sections..
Week later, firing off for 40 minutes or so at 5pm...and 8pm for an hour the next day...Hand to turn the big round knob from auto, to off.....Thinking about the Wi Fi control box for this areas weather conditions, install it, and forget it.. Like the Nest thermostat, for the the furnace, and Ac....
Old 04-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Had Massey adjust the sprinkler irrigation system for the late spring monsoon season...Checked with him, said early morning for 10 minutes, three times a week, for the four sections..
Week later, firing off for 40 minutes or so at 5pm...and 8pm for an hour the next day...Hand to turn the big round knob from auto, to off.....Thinking about the Wi Fi control box for this areas weather conditions, install it, and forget it.. Like the Nest thermostat, for the the furnace, and Ac....
Mine does the same thing, I set it up and either power surge or something causes if to go back to settings before. PITA
Old 04-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Thinking about the Wi Fi control box for this areas weather conditions, install it, and forget it.. Like the Nest thermostat, for the the furnace, and Ac....
The smart irrigation systems easily pay for themselves. The use predictive logic, not only has it rained but will it rain, did it rain based upon the predictions made, when was the last time irrigated, what was the evaporation and drainage rate. It is not uncommon to have 20 adjustments every month. Rachio is now on their third generation, the second is fine with the third providing actual water used per zone.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Default Hunter Pro-C Controller

Quote:
Going with a WiFi controller sounds like throwing the baby out with the bathwater so to speak. There will also be a learning curve with a new controller. Except now you also have to worry about the WiFi. Ugh!

I suggest learning basic settings of how your "Pro-C" controller works rather than depending on others. I've included the Owners Manual link below.

I believe the most misunderstood part is the "Solar Sync" (Seasonal Adjustment) it readjusts the number of watering minutes (percentage) every night, depending on weather conditions and time of year.
It does that no matter if the Active/Bypass switch is on or not.

Always set the number of watering minutes when the Seasonal Adjustment is at 100%. You will notice that overnight, the Seasonal Adjustment will automatically change to 60-70% (right now in April)

Look at the watering minutes that also changed. Adjust at 100% until you get the desired number of watering minutes when controller changes the seasonal adjustment.
Confusing I know until you look at it.

Also Villagevip, make sure that you only have one single start time for all 4 zones (and that will be for program A) Do not program anything into B or C. I think that's your problem. Link below shows what I mean.
Pro-C - Station Repeats | Hunter IndustriesEither that or you programmed multiple start times for each zone. There should only be one start time total.

Pro-C Owners Manual
https://www.hunterindustries.com/sit...OM_ProC_EM.pdf

There are also loads of youtube videos that make it easier to understand than I can explain.
Good luck! It's all actually easier than you think.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
The smart irrigation systems easily pay for themselves. The use predictive logic, not only has it rained but will it rain, did it rain based upon the predictions made, when was the last time irrigated, what was the evaporation and drainage rate. It is not uncommon to have 20 adjustments every month. Rachio is now on their third generation, the second is fine with the third providing actual water used per zone.
Amazon.com : Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller, WiFi, 8 Zone 2nd Generation, Works with Amazon Alexa : Garden & Outdoor

Is that it?

I hope this link works. click here

Old 04-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Gold member

Hunter makes a new WiFi panel for the Pro-C.

Pro-C(R) Hydrawise™ | Hunter Industries
Old 04-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Yes and it is vastly better than solar sync for all of the reasons that I outlined.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, street, finely, adding, weed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.