Found someone who re-soded my front yard (only 500 sq feet)

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2021, 07:20 AM
Smile Found someone who re-soded my front yard (only 500 sq feet)

you might think its easy but it wasn't. The job was too small, I guess. But finally found someone for under $700.00 but I don't think I can tell you because of the thread rules, which I understand. So maybe you could leave a note and i'll get back to you? I live in Alhambra in a patio villa and my lawn was devastated , I think by cinch bugs. So this company came over and "cut" the weeds out and then laid sod with a couple of other guys in about an hour.

Oh wait I see there's a daily email notification maybe I can return messages that way?
Old 05-29-2021, 07:57 AM

I’ll take the company information please.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by george1923 View Post
you might think its easy but it wasn't. The job was too small, I guess. But finally found someone for under $700.00 but I don't think I can tell you because of the thread rules, which I understand. So maybe you could leave a note and i'll get back to you? I live in Alhambra in a patio villa and my lawn was devastated , I think by cinch bugs. So this company came over and "cut" the weeds out and then laid sod with a couple of other guys in about an hour.

Oh wait I see there's a daily email notification maybe I can return messages that way?
Hope you killed the cinch bugs; otherwise you just gave them dessert!
Old 05-29-2021, 09:28 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

PLS PM me company contact info
Old 05-29-2021, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Please PM me with the name of your sod installer.

Thank you,

Dirigo

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 05-29-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

If you didn't get rid of the cinch bugs, they'll just move on to the new sod and infest that. You can safely use diatomaceous earth on the dead spots, it's not toxic to mammals or birds, but it's deadly to insects and parasites. You just sprinkle a little bit of it (a few tablespoons per square foot) - on a day when it isn't expected to rain for at least 4 hours. Then repeat the process a week later, and then one week after that.

Then pull out all the dead grass, and add some seed or just let the grass work its way back into place (real grass needs seed. Bermuda grass needs nothing)
Old 05-30-2021, 05:51 AM

Quote:
you might think its easy but it wasn't. The job was too small, I guess. But finally found someone for under $700.00 but I don't think I can tell you because of the thread rules, which I understand. /
What thread rule? The only one I know about is no political discussion. And has to do something with the Villages. The sod work was done in the Villages, right? Please inform me.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:05 AM
Veteran member
Default D/e is available at any pool store company

As many have said you have to really kill the cinch bugs first and I hope someone did that for you. De powder is used as a filter element for pools, and very cheap relatively speaking. It's available from Leslie pool as well as any other pool supply store just for your reference. It may not be too late to put it down on the new grass but I'm not an expert on that part

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
If you didn't get rid of the cinch bugs, they'll just move on to the new sod and infest that. You can safely use diatomaceous earth on the dead spots, it's not toxic to mammals or birds, but it's deadly to insects and parasites. You just sprinkle a little bit of it (a few tablespoons per square foot) - on a day when it isn't expected to rain for at least 4 hours. Then repeat the process a week later, and then one week after that.

Then pull out all the dead grass, and add some seed or just let the grass work its way back into place (real grass needs seed. Bermuda grass needs nothing)
Old 05-30-2021, 06:27 AM
Default Sod

I would like the info. Thank you.

Quote:

Old 05-30-2021, 07:14 AM
Gold member

There are no "thread rules" about posting business recommendations.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:43 AM
Platinum member
Unhappy

[QUOTE=NoMoSno;1952583]There are no "thread rules" about posting business recommendations.[/QUOTE

From the MODERATOR:
Reminder: anyone who wishes to recommend a landscaper must have at least ten posts or else will be deleted.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=DaleDivine;1952592]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
There are no "thread rules" about posting business recommendations.[/QUOTE

From the MODERATOR:
Reminder: anyone who wishes to recommend a landscaper must have at least ten posts or else will be deleted.
Do you mean ten posts asking about a landscaper or ten posts responding to someone discussing a landscaper?

Last edited by rmd2; 05-30-2021 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-30-2021, 07:52 AM
Platinum member
Talking

[QUOTE=rmd2;1952595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post

Do you mean ten posts asking about a landscaper or ten posts responding to someone discussing a landscaper?
It means that who ever posts a recommendation about a landscaper must have at least 10 posts.
Old 05-30-2021, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

I suggest we all check any information on this site or any other for that matter. People do not state their knowledge or their bias. Diatomaceous earth is an organic insect control.What it is, is fine shells from ??? sea creatures. It is sharp and so will kill some insects. While people to not follow directions for chemical insecticides either, wear a mask, you do not want to breathe in diatomaceous earth.

Cinch bugs assuming the OP has it right, are the same as bed bugs. In your lawn, likely in your home as well.

As I recall, chemical applications, require several applications as they kill the insects but not the eggs so you need to allow the eggs to hatch and apply again.

I find it amusing how few people read and follow instructions and how many figure if it says one gallon per 1,000 sq foot or whatever it says. My lawn deserves more than that
I will give it two gallons.
Old 05-30-2021, 08:45 AM

Please send me name too
Thank you
Closed Thread

Tags
found, cinch, weeds, bugs, devastated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.