golf course care

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Location: south jersey, wyandotte Mi, north jersey, monmouth county nj
Default golf course care

Can anyone tell me the name to speak to about golf course issues? I live on one and the grass is dead, near dead or non existant. They do not water it as they only water the tee off's and putting greens. It's bad enought that they didn't plant palm trees...it's looking rather unkempt.
Hope someone can help.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Platinum member

Contact G.M.S. who operate all golf courses. Log onto golfthevillages.com.
They have a complaint section you can fill out. They will get back to you after they receive the complaint. Their phone number is 753-3396. I use the e-mail system, that gives you a paper trail.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:19 PM

what course?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Cool Oak Trees

I watched as a crew cut down a large Oak Tree, part of a stand of very old Oaks on Kilimanjaro. It didn't seem right to me! What limits are there for these beautiful old Oak trees? Anyone know? Oh, I was told the tree was blocking to much sun light on the green!!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Default Golf Course Conditions

Coming to Villages in about 2 weeks. What is the satus of course conditions. Green conditions are primarily my biggest concern. Many of the greens had been punched and sanded my last visit. Greens were relatively slow. Are they any faster?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlmiller View Post
Coming to Villages in about 2 weeks. What is the satus of course conditions. Green conditions are primarily my biggest concern. Many of the greens had been punched and sanded my last visit. Greens were relatively slow. Are they any faster?
Championship or executive? Right now the greens are good at Havana, Cane, and I heard Orange Blossom. They just did the greens at Glenbrook, and Mallory, and I believe Hacienda and Tierra. I'm guessing they'll be healed by the time you get here. The courses otherwise are in nice shape. We've had a lot of rain, so the fairways (and rough if you find it) are green and lush. The rough is thicker than I've ever seen it, and to be avoided! lol. The only thing we're really getting are some muddy conditions when there is a lot of rain. Played Havana a few days ago and it was cart path only due to wet conditions.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Gold member
Default Greens maintence schedule

Below are links to green maintence schedule.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/turft...20Schedule.pdf

http://www.golfthevillages.com/turft...20Schedule.pdf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.