Goneys Nursery

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Default Goneys Nursery

Terrible customer service! Had these folks landscape two small areas inside our lanai and were very pleased with the work. However, getting them to come back and take of problems is like pulling teeth. I have been trying to get them to come back to fix issues since last Thanksgiving. Numerous phone calls did not work so physically have gone there at least 5 times to make sure they knew we needed service and were always assured that someone would take care of the problem. Each time I was told there was going to be someone out immediately and so far, have not seen anyone. It is so annoying to be told face to face that my problem would be taken care of. I don't like posting negative comments, but I can't get any action from them and thought this might get their attention.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:18 PM

What a shame, I was wondering about them when I was looking. I ended up going with Village Palms and I called about a small issue and the owner (She is a village resident) came by on her golf cart to look at my yard. I was very impressed.

I don't imagine they would want negative comments on here, maybe they will step up to the plate. Hope so!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 AM

Our phone call last week to Tom, our landscaper (supervised our job) and this morning a crew showed up to turn one tree that was staked so we didn't have to look at the stake (bottle brush - weak trunks so will need to be staked for a couple years). They inspected the other plantings to ensure they were doing well. After one month our Sylvester's haven't turned yellow on the bottom fronds which is common after transplanting.
Sorry to hear your experience is the total opposite of ours.

De La Vista North - Full Time

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Fins Up!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Default Great houseplants

If you like house plants and orchids check out their shade house -- very nice selection and reasonable prices. They will also repot orchids for you.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:01 AM

Just an update....it. Is now another month and no one from Goneys has shown up yet
Old 02-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
Just an update....it. Is now another month and no one from Goneys has shown up yet
If I may ask… what is the problem (within the project itself) that needs attention or correction?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Gold member

I have gone to their nursery many times. They have great prices and a very nice selection of planting material. The staff there was friendly and helpful ,explaining what palms and plants will work best in the villages environment . I understand that this is a family business that has been in this area for many years.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
If you like house plants and orchids check out their shade house -- very nice selection and reasonable prices. They will also repot orchids for you.

You failed to mention the source you are referring to. Who is "they?"
Old 02-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
FINALLY...one of the owners showed up today and supposedly will be back next week.. Time will tell
Old 02-11-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
If I may ask… what is the problem (within the project itself) that needs attention or correction?
They installed sprinkler around the plants and some of them do not work. Plant has died.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Do you have a garden hose?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.