Goodbye Deans........

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Goodbye Deans........

.......HELLO Fertigator! Fingers crossed. My lawn can't get worse, that's for sure.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
.......HELLO Fertigator! Fingers crossed. My lawn can't get worse, that's for sure.
I'm smiling as I just did the opposite. My lawn looked like the "Garden of Weeden" so I went from Fertigator to Deans. I think they all have the same business model, they will come back and retreat if you call. Most people don't call and have pretty low expectations. Growth of The Villages has been so rapid demand is outstripping supply so losing a customer means nothing as two new ones are waiting to take their place. It will stay that way for a while yet.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:11 PM

Hmmmm. What happened to ServiceSmart... are they out of Business....
Old 04-06-2018, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob3302 View Post

They either have or will reincarnate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Sage
Default Goodbye Deans........

[QUOTE=Wiotte;1530825]They either have or will reincarnate.
Website is non existent. Google reviews won’t hyperlink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
I'm looking into Fertigator myself but not because I'm unhappy with Dean's. It's just that neither Dean's nor Massey's does everything whereas Fertigator does. Haven't made the switch yet.

I used to see glowing reviews on here for Fertigator. Has that changed? Would love to hear from others that have used them.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I paid for a year of service and they have not showed up for at Least 3 months. It appears their phones and website is down so I assume they went out of business. Anyone have anymore detail????
Old 04-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Scott's lawn care. We downloaded Scott's App on the phone went thru a couple of questions and they let you know when and what to put down when you want to. We always use a little less than they recommend and that's one less Vendor we have to deal with. The lawn was fantastic last year. We will do it this way as long as possible. Did you ever think about each neighbor around you getting the potion that their law company applies and it is being sprayed on willy-nilly? It helps my lawn also. I'm not being cheap, the results are just as good or better at a fraction of the price.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

I think most of so called Lawn care companies in The villages could care less.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:52 AM

Any recommendations or comments on Douglas Lawncare?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:52 AM

Good suggestion on Scott’s app. Will check this out.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I believe after 5 or more years living here we all could write a manual on lawn service companies .
They are all out of the same box on a shelf...Choose one hope for the best..
It's about bottom line...Mow as many lawns a day they can no one is going to spend time evaluating your lawn or shrubs till there's a problem.

They apply least amount of fertilizer to keep you lawn looking some what green after all if it grows they need to mow

Weeding is an add on all they do spray roundup kill 1/2 the plants in you flower and shrub bed then charge you for it.

When your away for the summer your landscaping is ignored till you return and complain.

Then they give you some excuse..

But when you finally get fed up and cancel

They show up more times than a door to door sales man

Good luck I fired Fertigator years ago
Old 04-08-2018, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Scott's lawn care. We downloaded Scott's App on the phone went thru a couple of questions and they let you know when and what to put down when you want to. We always use a little less than they recommend and that's one less Vendor we have to deal with. The lawn was fantastic last year. We will do it this way as long as possible. Did you ever think about each neighbor around you getting the potion that their law company applies and it is being sprayed on willy-nilly? It helps my lawn also. I'm not being cheap, the results are just as good or better at a fraction of the price.
Thanks, Nucky. This sounds like a good idea for a DIY. Will have to pass this along to my better half who likes to do the outdoor maintenance himself. This will be right up his alley.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Same here. My husband has been doing this for years and our lawn always looks better than any of our neighbors. Every 3 months he puts down the Scotts weed and fertilizer and it takes him less than 1/2 hr. Same schedule and amount of time with the bug stuff. Super easy and much cheaper.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Thumbs down They're in Fenney!!!

Quote:
Anyone have anymore detail????
They are in the Village of Fenney. Going door to door. Been by my house four times asking for business. I keep telling them to LEAVE.
Closed Thread

Tags
worse, lawn, deans, fertigator, fingers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.