Goodbye Deans........

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Default Forgive me but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob3302 View Post
I paid for a year of service and they have not showed up for at Least 3 months. It appears their phones and website is down so I assume they went out of business. Anyone have anymore detail????
I do my best not to sign a contract for service ESPECIALLY
NOT WITH ADVANCED PAYMENT.

Obviously, if you owe the comany. the person, money, you are in a far stronger position then if they owe you work.

Comcast is now with their pricing doing their best to get you to sign a contract for TWO YEARS. They tell you ???? 200+ if you want to cancel. We pay by check every month-THEY DO NOT HAVE MY CREDIT CARD. No trouble if we decide to break the contract. CHANCE OF THEM SUPPLYING AGREED SERVICE FOR TWO YEARS IS ZERO.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:09 AM
Default I too do my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
Same here. My husband has been doing this for years and our lawn always looks better than any of our neighbors. Every 3 months he puts down the Scotts weed and fertilizer and it takes him less than 1/2 hr. Same schedule and amount of time with the bug stuff. Super easy and much cheaper.
I AM CHEAP not only with money but with TIME. For me, it is easier to do it myself then to wrestle with the pros.

As to less than 1/2 an hour. I have my wife help so SHE KNOWS it is not as easy as she thinks. "LOOKS BETTER THAN YOUR NEIGHBORS." A wise wife-that is how she gets out of assisting.

As to SCOTTS. By law the ingredients are posted on the bag. You can find the same thing for far less. I just found 16-5-16 70% sulfur coated (long acting) nitrogen at $19 for a 50 lb bag at RURAL KING- a bit of math and that is 15,000 sq ft. HUM-wife might find a 50 lb bag a bit tough but...........
Old 04-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Default I too wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Scott's lawn care. We downloaded Scott's App on the phone went thru a couple of questions and they let you know when and what to put down when you want to. We always use a little less than they recommend and that's one less Vendor we have to deal with. The lawn was fantastic last year. We will do it this way as long as possible. Did you ever think about each neighbor around you getting the potion that their law company applies and it is being sprayed on willy-nilly? It helps my lawn also. I'm not being cheap, the results are just as good or better at a fraction of the price.
Any product that they spray is obviously water soluble,
Water soluble fertilizer is not long lasting.

I admit I do not wear a proper respirator when I apply fertilizer, insecticide, weed killer, fungicide but these guys do it all day long. I've not seen a single one wearing proper protection.

Many, including me, are growing fruit. I do not want LAWN insecticide, fungicide, or some of the fertilizers on things I will be eating. .
Old 04-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

I too got rid of Dean's after they decoded my St. Augustine needed a good scalping and destroyed the look of my lawn. This was in October and they said they would have it looking good again by February, are you kidding me, it's pretty much dormant in February. They are gone and I'm doing it myself. Have to find someone new to take over the termite contract as I don't want anything to do with Deans after listening to all their lies about what they did or what they will do. I now have to repair all the chips they put in my stucco with a weed eater.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:57 PM

Giving Deans a chance. We bought in Fenney and Deans was the caretaker before we bought. Our realtor told us to keep an eye on the lawn, as it looked bad. My inlaws live in TV too so we had them keep an eye on it for us. We came down for two weeks and met with our Reams rep. She told us that they had applied herbicide in January, then there was a freeze, Feb got exceedingly warm and then another freeze in March. They are doing us right by giving us 6 months free treatments to make it right. we will see what happens in those six months.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

Been with Deans over four years since dumping Massey and very happy!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Up in ocala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
They either have or will reincarnate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are advertising up in Ocala in the otow area and the Del Webb community. Same bs about qualty and service contract.
Closed Thread

Tags
worse, lawn, deans, fertigator, fingers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.