Gravel Yard

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2017, 07:50 AM

Really what you are trying to say is your neighbors have to look at your ugly yard till you see fit to come down to fix it?
Old 10-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Not trying to be ugly. You will live here part time. Some live here full time and we want to see a neat yard all of the time...not just when you are here.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

OP bought a home that had sat empty for 4 years. One would think neighbors would be happy someone is trying to bring house back to the living.

Our preowned had been neglected for 2 years. It took four people 11 hours to clean the inside and make it a livable home again.

The yard had not been watered for over a year, took 4 hours to clean up the yard that had Many used as their own personal dog park. We still are having the lawn top dressed and am hoping it will turn around. We have neighbors stop by to say how great the progress looks.

OP if you only have a small part of your lawn that is not doing well in a house that sat empty for 4 years, you might look into having that area top dressed with black cow. Good luck with your new home, and welcome to the Villages
Old 10-30-2017, 03:32 AM
Veteran member

My question is -- what were the complainers doing for the four years the house was vacant???
Waiting for someone to buy the house and then go in for the kill?

I feel for the OP; he is seriously trying to solve a problem while asking for help and suggestions.
Those who have already nailed him to a cross should lighten up and give the poor guy a chance.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

To me it sounds as if the OP may be stirring up a little gravel.

Not too many people in The Villages want to do as little as they can to maintain their property, or only maintain it when they are present, or are unwilling to pay to have a used home's yard resodded if it is needed. Reseeding takes quite a while and must be carefully monitored and watered a LOT.

Very few Villager are not doing the best they can to make their homes here beautiful and well kept.

Thank Goodness. Well kept homes are prevalent here.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:56 PM
Gold member
Default It sounds like you have a turd for a neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndlou3 View Post
Trust me I do not want to break the rules am not trying to. I want a beautiful yard. I do not understand why people have to be so Nasty! I was merely trying to find out if rocking a yard was acceptable. I have spoke with the CDD about the problem and explained the problem and told them it will be taken care of asap. for being the friendliest hometown not so much
RE: NASTY
Someone has nothing better to do with their life then to bust your chops. Sadly, these COWARDS are allowed to do this HARASSMENT anonymously.

The architectural committee is professional and reasonable. Smart as suggested by others is to clear anything you want to do through them..

I do not know how bad your place is. I expect whoever reported you will never be satisfied. Do the best you can.

As I have said clear everything with the architectural committee.

THE WORLD WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE IF THE PEOPLE WHO TURNED YOU IN WERE TRULY AS PERFECT AS THEY THINK THEY ARE. DO YOUR BEST NOT TO ALLOW THIS TO GET TO BE A WAR.

Amusing story. Through my previous business I met a German citizen who was married to a dutchess. No joke, they lived in a centuries old castle on sever hundred acres.
At the time, in my previous life, I lived next door to the neighbor from HELL. Somehow over a few beers we got on the subject. He and his neighbor were arguing about a centuries old oak tree that as it got bigger was now ower the boarder line. He told me if he can stall it for another 100 years it will be grandfathered in. Remember CASTLES and each had several hundred acres.

MORAL-it is not just here. You can buy an island in north carolina with a house on it. The one with a herd of wild horses is only a million bucks. I bet you can get a post hurricane deal.

WITH THE FAR TOO MANY ME ME ME ME MES INFESTING THIS PLACE IT IS OFTEN TEMPTING
Closed Thread

Tags
yard, months, irrigation, system, gravel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.