Great Long Reach Pole Pruner

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts
Default Great Long Reach Pole Pruner

I've several palm trees and I don't like calling a *tree guy* every time there's a dead frond or seed pod, I do my own and so I've been searching for a really nice pole pruner. I found one - Bannel B88T at Barnel.com: Telescopic Ultra Reach(R) Pruners/Loppers from Barnel USA(R)

I'm telling you, it's got a large 1-3/4" head, it's quite sharp, and no da*n rope. It's lightweight and works great, and I'm not one to easily impress. Anyway, thought I'd pass that along.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:34 PM

Hard to gain leverage with a grasp and scissor type of head for larger limbs, palm fronds, or seed pods at any price. Have used a telescoping pole saw from polesawdirect.com for 5 years now. Telescopes from 8 to 32 ft. Works quite nicely to take down large seed pods and cutting palm fronds at their base. To trim further out on a limb or frond which is narrower and where there is too much motion, you may use their changeable head which comes with it, which is the grasp and slice type of action. Also if you don't like the telescoping type, you may try Americantreeservicesupply.com and try their PSS30 model. It extends to 37 feet by using lightweight 6 foot aluminum sections. Storage of the 6 six foot aluminum sections must be considered.
Closed Thread

Tags
pole, pruner, great, large, head

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.